Chapter 50

I hurriedly returned to the mansion to pack my clothes, bewildered by the hurtful words Becky had thrown at me. "A slut? A whore? A person who would satisfy one's need?" That wasn't me. I hadn't grown up to be that person.

"What are you doing, Miss Freen?" the head maid asked upon seeing me packing my things. "Mr. Richie will be home tomorrow or later, can you wait another day?"

"No, I can't," I told her, determination in my voice. "I can't spend another day with your evil mistress. I'm going back," I declared without looking at anyone.

"That's good. I knew you would leave if I said that," Becky said with a smirk.

I turned around to face her, the head maid leaving the room to give us privacy. I glared at Becky, who seemed to revel in my discomfort.

"You think I'm a slut?" I raised my brows. "It's below the belt, Becky. I can't take this anymore," I said as I zipped up my luggage.

"Why? You hate truths? If I'm not mistaken, you're not here to ask for my forgiveness. You're here for Richie, to ask for his help again because you knew he would help you with just one plea. You knew that he has a soft spot for you," Becky huffed. "And since Richie left with his fiancée, you're going to flirt with William? Isn't that the job of a slut, Freen?"

"You know nothing about me, Becky. Why are you talking while you're angry?" I asked, walking past her, but she grabbed my arms, stopping me from leaving.

"I'm right. You came here for men. You like men, and you only used me before. Didn't you?" she accused. "You're a slut!"

In response, a violent slap landed on Becky's cheek. I couldn't take it anymore. Her words were like knives stabbing me. She didn't know what happened. She didn't know anything about it yet she was talking as if she were there.

"You're not the only one who suffered, Becky. You're not the only one who cried every night after that day," I confessed, my tears falling. "I was sorry for leaving you. I cried all night and even tried to escape to come back to you, Becky. I stopped eating, I started to rebel for my father to let me go back here. You're not the only one who suffered, Becky. Why are you like this?" I cried.

Becky remained silent, her expression a mix of shock and realization.

"And you're saying that I'm here to flirt with guys? If I was, then I shouldn't have come here and stayed with you. If I was flirting with William, I would stay on the ranch and wouldn't care anymore if you're okay in this house! If I was, I wouldn't care about you anymore! But for fuck's sake, I can't! I can't get you out of my mind. Seven years, Becky. Seven fucking years, and I still love you!"

I pushed Becky aside, grabbed my luggage, and stormed out of the mansion. I asked the head maid to find me a driver so I could go to the airport and leave this place. I didn't want to stay any longer.

It hurt to know that after all these days, Becky thought that I wasn't sincere in everything I'd done. I didn't expect her to act that way. I was hurt. And it was still my fault. If I hadn't stayed any longer, would I still hear those words? If I had left sooner, would she have hurt me like this?

"Miss Freen, are you sure about this?" the head maid asked when I entered the car.

"Yes," I nodded, looking at her with tearful eyes. "Look after Becky, please. Make sure she's okay."

The head maid nodded before closing the car door. The driver took me to the airport, and there, I saw Richie and Irin. I smiled at them, wiping my eyes.

"What happened?" Richie asked. "Don't tell me," he said, looking at my luggage.

"Did Becky make you cry?" Irin asked.

"It's my fault. I pushed her to reconcile with me. It's fine," I smiled.

"Freen," Richie called my name and reached for my hand. "I'm sorry. If we were too late."

"It's fine. How was the company?" I asked.

"Your company is doing fine now. The issue has been settled, and Heng found the people behind your video. It's okay to go back now," Irin smiled and patted my shoulder.

"And Heng told me that you two need to marry each other once you come back," Richie sighed. "I always thought that you and Becky would end up with each other."

"I thought so too," I said, averting my gaze. "But sometimes, it's okay to be this way. Maybe we're really not meant to be."

"Freen, call me if ever you change your mind. I know Becky did this because of her anger. But trust me, she was always yours. She never looked at anyone. Even though you're far from her, she committed herself to you. And I don't think she would marry anyone else but you." Richie tried to persuade me.

I smiled and nodded. "How I wish I can believe that. Thank you, Richie. I have to go."

Richie and Irin waved goodbye as I entered the airport. I needed to stay here until tomorrow since my flight was scheduled for the next day.