Chapter 31

Freen's eyes widened the moment she saw Becky. She playfully pinched her cheeks, causing Becky to grimace. Freen couldn't believe her eyes. Was this real? Was Becky really in front of her?

"What are you doing?" Becky asked, removing Freen's hand from her face. "That hurts." She rubbed her cheeks slowly.

Freen playfully slapped Becky's shoulder, and her tears immediately fell. Though she was upset, she couldn't scold her completely. She missed her so much, and all she wanted right now was to kiss and hug her.

"Why are you crying?" Becky asked, gently wiping away Freen's tears. "You're the one who pinched me. Why are you the one crying?"

"Where have you been?" Freen asked, letting her tears fall. Becky hugged her tightly and rubbed her back. "I've been waiting for you for weeks, Becky! Weeks! Do you know how hard it was for me to miss you every day?" Freen wasn't a clingy person, but for Becky, she was. She didn't cry like a child ever since before, but now she did. Only Becky could see this side of her. She was that special to her. She would let her guard down around her if needed.

"I'm sorry," Becky said under her breath, enough for Freen to hear. "I'm sorry for leaving you. I just didn't want to worry you."

Freen pulled herself from the hug and looked at Becky, furrowing her brows. "What do you mean?"

"I was confined for weeks due to my flu. When I got better, my parents told me not to go home since they weren't there. No one would take care of me." Becky explained and reached for Freen's hand. "I asked Richie not to tell you because I thought I would just stay there for a week. But then, the doctor told me that I needed to stay for more tests."

"Are you okay now?" Freen asked, looking at Becky intently. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes." Becky chuckled and looked at Freen. "I'm sorry for making you wait. I won't leave. Never again." She leaned in to give Freen a kiss.

Although Freen's tears kept rolling down her face, she managed to respond to her kisses.

Without a word, Becky stopped and looked up, her eyes revealing a mix of surprise and the same ache that Freen felt. There, in that quiet garden, their emotions converged, and the air thickened with the unspoken.

Freen reached out, her hand gently cupping Becky's cheek. The touch was a bittersweet reminder of the connection they once shared. Becky's eyes, filled with unspoken emotions, met Freen's, and in that silent exchange, the pain of their separation resonated.

A tear escaped Freen's eye once again, mirroring the unshed emotions that had lingered between them. With tender hesitation, their lips drew closer, the kiss speaking of longing, of aching hearts, and the beauty that had once blossomed between them.

"Freen? Becky?" Deli called their names, causing them to separate. She shouldn't know what's between Freen and Becky. "Oh, you guys okay? You two looked like you were crying." Deli chuckled and gestured for the two to come over.

The two followed Deli to the dining area where dinner was set. Freen's father smiled at the two of them and motioned for them to eat.

"Anyway, Becky wanted to surprise you a while ago in the garden. But since you came there by yourself, I guess we didn't need to help." Deli smiled at Freen.

"I saw her sitting on the bench. I thought something was bothering her, but then I found out she's just missing me," Becky added and chuckled at Freen.

Freen rolled her eyes. "Next time if you're sick, you should tell us. People are worried, you know?" She scolded Becky.

"Fine," Becky replied and gestured for Freen to eat already.

The dining area filled with laughter and teasing because of Freen being a crybaby. Deli also mentioned that ever since Freen was a kid, she never cried in front of anyone because she didn't want to look weak. She wanted to be masculine and protect herself and Deli.

"I remember when Freen graduated from primary school. She told me that she would work out until she had muscles like a bodybuilder. But then she didn't want to exercise afterward because it was too tiring." Deli laughed, and Becky teased Freen again. "Anyway, what about you, Becky? What's your hobby?"

"I like hiking and camping and stuff. Every time I'm bored, I would ask my parents to go hiking with me. But at the end of the day, I would still go alone." Becky shrugged and continued to eat.

"You're allowed? You're still young, right?" Deli probed.

"Yep. But I haven't reached the top of any mountain yet. Someday I would love to reach it with my special someone." Becky glanced at Freen and motioned her to eat because she was drifting away while staring at Becky.

"What about you, Freen? What's your hobby?" Freen's father asked.

"You're interested?" Freen furrowed her brows. "I mean, you didn't have to know." Freen felt someone kick her, so she sighed.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me." Her father smiled awkwardly.

"I love sketching." Freen replied. Silence fell between them.

"Then why didn't you take Architecture?" Her father probed. "I mean, I'm not disappointed. It's just, you would be more successful and more comfortable if you're working with passion, right?"

"You don't have the right to be disappointed. Especially when you weren't the one who raised me." Freen put down her utensils. "I'm done."

"Freen, sit down!" Deli yelled at her.

Freen looked at Deli with teary eyes. She didn't want to stay there any longer. She wanted to talk to Becky, and that was the reason why she endured sitting there. Her father was out of the question. He didn't belong there.

"I'll talk to her." Becky stood up and excused themselves. She pulled Freen into the living room and looked at her with sorrow.

"Am I being rude?" Freen asked.

"He's your father, Freen. You should talk to him at least." Becky scolded her. "He's trying his best to know you better now. You should give him a chance."

"But isn't it too much? He had a chance to get me before, but he didn't do it. Why didn't he come back?" Freen asked.

"That's why you need to talk to him. How could I know the answers, Freen?" Becky asked her back. "Talk to him tonight, and I promise tomorrow, I would make you the happiest girl."

"For what?"

"As your reward. So go back there and apologize to your father. Ask him if he could spare time for you to have a private talk." Becky gently caressed Freen's cheek. "Don't be sad, okay? I'm here."

"Are you going to take me somewhere tomorrow?" Freen asked to make sure Becky was keeping her promise.

"Anywhere you want, love." Becky chuckled.

Freen nodded and went back to the dining.