Chapter 61

Deciding to wake up early to cook for Freen, even though the staff insisted they could handle it, felt right. I wanted to prepare a special soup for her, knowing she'd likely be nursing a hangover after drinking too much. It was ironic how she acknowledged her lightweight status yet kept on drinking. This habit worried me; what if she drank without me someday? What would happen to her?

"What are you doing?" Freen asked, spotting me chopping spring onions while massaging her head gently.

"Sit down. I'll cook something for you," I motioned, but she approached, attempting to take the knife from my hand.

"I can cook. I can do it," she insisted, but I sighed and met her gaze.

"I know you can, but let me take care of you, okay? Look at you, barely able to keep your eyes open," I said, setting the knife down and guiding her back to bed. With her on vacation and needing rest after recent stress, we didn't have to do anything today. I didn't want her to pamper me like a princess when she was exhausted.

I knew she wanted to make amends after what happened, but this was unnecessary. Her return and willingness to seek forgiveness were enough. She'd shown me enough, and I loved her even more for it.

I heated oil in a pot, cooked chopped chicken breast until no longer pink, then set it aside. Sautéing minced garlic, carrots, celery, and spring onions until tender, I poured in chicken broth, brought it to a boil, then let it simmer to develop flavors. Adding noodles and returning the cooked chicken, I seasoned the soup. It was surprisingly easy; I didn't break a sweat.

"Freen?" I knocked on the suite door, carrying a tray with a bowl of soup. No response. I entered to find her asleep again.

Placing the tray on the bedside table, I admired her face. How many years had it been since I'd done this? I wanted to see her more often, even though we were together. I couldn't understand why I still missed her.

"I love you so much, bunny," I whispered, kissing her nose.

Freen blinked, rubbing her eyes as she felt my lips. I chuckled, caressing her cheeks.

"Sorry for waking you, but your soup will get cold," I said, sitting beside her. She hugged me, pulling me on top of her. "Freen, you need to drink this. It's for your hangover."

"I'm fine as long as you're here," she whispered, refusing to let go.

"Then eat the soup I made, or I'll throw it away," I threatened.

Freen paused, releasing me, and sat up, leaning against the headboard. I handed her the tray, spooning soup into her mouth. She didn't resist, finishing it with a sigh before asking for another hug.

"You're getting clingy every day, aren't you?" I teased.

"I miss you," she whispered, burying her face in my neck. "Should we stay on the island and watch the sunset?"

"Can we?" I asked.

"Later, I'll tell the helmsman," she winked, cuddling closer.

***

The helmsman ferried us to an island, not entirely private but sparsely populated. Opting for a cabin by the shore, we aimed to catch the sunset. Finally, after seven long years, I could be with Freen without obstacles. I wanted to be alone with her, admiring her beauty, every part of who she was. I wanted to look at her and thank God for the luck of having Freen.

"We could stay here for three days or head back to the city, if you prefer," she said, organizing our belongings. "There's a nearby hotel if you're uncomfortable here. What do you think?"

"I'm fine here," I said, sitting on the bed, running my hand over the sheets. Not tired, but eager to lie down and cuddle with Freen. "Are you almost done?" I asked.

"Why?" she asked, furrowing her brows. "Hungry?"

"Yep," I answered, grinning.

Freen gestured to call for food, but I snatched her phone, tossing it aside. I pulled her close, sitting on the bed, still holding her.

"I'm not talking about food, Freen," I said, looking into her eyes.

"It's still early," she rolled her eyes, caressing my cheeks. "Let's eat first, and then we'll...uh. What did you want again?"

I grinned, leaning in to steal a kiss. Freen rolled her eyes, so I tried again. This time, I pulled her on top of me as we lay on the bed, and she didn't resist. Our kiss deepened, and I could feel our heavy breathing. I smiled as I saw her closing her eyes, seeking my lips even though I purposely teased her by pulling away. When she opened her eyes and glared at me, I knew she wanted more. She straddled my lap, and I felt no weight, only her presence.

Freen slowly removed her shirt, resuming our passionate kiss. Her hunger was palpable; she even bit my lips, urging me to open my mouth. Her hand traveled over my shoulder, gently massaging me as she removed my top. She kissed down my jaw and neck, leaving a mark.

"Freen..." I whispered, thinking it might be too soon. But she seemed more eager than me.

"Hm?" she paused, her eyes filled with desire. "Should I stop?"

"No," I answered, caressing her face.

Freen kissed my palm before revealing her upper body. Checking the windows were locked and covered, I leaned back against the headboard as she straddled me. Our kisses grew deeper, and this time, I had the opportunity to mark her neck, but I refrained. Instead, I focused on her, igniting her senses.

"Moan for me, baby," I whispered.

"Fuck..." she muttered, wrapping her arms around me.

"Ma'am?" The helmsman's knock interrupted us, causing us both to pause and exchange a glance.

---

Hello, vivies! Thank you for following and following me back on twitter. I met some of you and I couldn't thank you enough for that. On Feb. 28, I was planning to join the twitter party and I'm still trying to earn followers to get the target followers. If you want us to be moots there, don't hesitate to follow me on twitter and I'll follow you back. Thank you and good night! Btw, same username.

- vivaciousgeek