Is Steve Jealous? (2/2)

Steve pushes Eddie's hand off of his chin, and gives in, "Okay, fine."

Eddie smirks, "Good-boy. Now what was the reason behind it?"

Steve rolls his eyes, "Just wanted to make you jealous."

Eddie sighs, "Well, it worked."

Steve smiles shyly, before being interrupted by Gareth putting his hand on Eddie's back.

"Yo, Jeff just asked us to come over and play." he says, immediately catching Eddie's attention.

"Really? Oh dude, sick!" Eddie responds, as if he forgot the conversation he was just having.

"Let's go!" Gareth exclaims, and Eddie nods his head before turning to Steve.

"Can you go home with Robin, babe?" Eddie asks.

Steve quickly responds, "Yeah, sure."

Eddie smiles, "Awesome! Then I will see you at home."

Eddie quickly leaves the store, without a goodbye kiss. A huge pout is quick to appear on Steve's face, as he watches the two of them get into his car and drive away. He can't believe that his boyfriend practically shoved him away. This is all Steve can think about for the rest of his shift. He even thinks about it, when he is in the car with Robin. She notices Steve's absence almost immediately.

"What's up with you?" She asks, and Steve snaps out of his thoughts.

"What?" he replies.

Robin chuckles, "What's on your mind?"

Steve sighs, "Oh, nothing."

Robin laughs at that, "Yeah, sure. Let me guess. Is it about Eddie and Gareth?"

Steve pouts at the mention of their names, and Robin sees it from the corner of her eye.

"Stevie, trust me. Eddie loves you, not Gareth." Robin says, before a comfortable silence takes over the car for the rest of the drive.

When the arrive at Steve's house, he is quick to leave and get inside. He goes straight to his bedroom, where he changes into a clean pair of boxer briefs and one of Eddie's Metallica sweatshirts. He curls up into a ball on the bed and just sits there. He sits there for what feels like only a few minutes but is actually three hours. He finally comes back into reality, when he hears Eddie calling for him from downstairs. He ignores the older's yells and remains wrapped up in the covers and his own body. After a minute or two, Eddie pushes open the door.

"Oh, love! There you are." Eddie exclaims, walking over to Steve.

He smiles at the position Steve is in, "Babe, did you eat anything?"

Steve slowly shakes his head.

"Alright, I didn't either, so I can cook us up something." Eddie responds.

He's a bit surprised, when Steve doesn't respond, especially because he can see Steve's open eyes. He can immediately tell that something is bothering Steve from this behaviour, because he always freaks out, when Eddie cooks in the kitchen.

"Baby," Eddie begins, slowly and gently pulling Steve's head out of his own cocoon, "What's got you all upset?"

Steve sighs and sits up in the bed. He pouts and whispers a response.

"What was that?" Eddie asks, leaning towards Steve.

"Gareth." Steve states, sadness immediately covering his face.

"Why?" Eddie questions, but before Steve responds, things click in his brain.

"Are you jealous?" Eddie asks, and Steve looks away.

Eddie smiles softly, "Oh, baby. I didn't mean to make you feel that way with Gareth."

Steve looks back at Eddie, "I'm sorry. It's a stupid thing to be upset about."

Eddie smiles more, "You don't have to be sorry, and it's not stupid. I mean, you saw my reaction to you and Carol. You don't have to feel bad about being a little jealous."

Steve smiles sadly, "Yeah."

Eddie sits on the edge of the bed and pulls Steve's head over to his own. He lays a quick kiss on his lips and rests his forehead on Steve's, "Trust me, when I say that you are the only person I have ever loved and the only person I ever want to love."

Steve smiles, "I love you too, dingus."