Mother/Son shopping

paul couldn't help but shed a tear when her Mum presented her with the bunch of flowers. These damn female hormones were making her all teary. The two women enjoyed Thai, wine and chocolates. Paul made sure to limit how much she drank.

They went to bed in their own rooms that night. Mandy lending Paul a nightgown.

.......

Mandy changed into Paul first thing on Friday morning. She would need to play basketball as Paul once again tonight. She was excited by the prospect. She had decided to spend the whole day as "Paul" just in case they had visitors. There was then no chance of anyone catching twin Mandy's.

Paul's period had intensified. She had changed pads before going to bed and the new one was absolutely soaked by morning. It was just as well that her Mother had provided her with a maxi pad. She showered and dressed. She didn't question the outfit the now "Paul" presented her with. A summery blue dress that had a plunging neckline that showed off her cleavage. She didn't object either when "Paul" suggested she paint her nails. Mandy usually had painted nails. Since Paul was stuck as his Mom for a while she decided to go with the flow. Mandy painted Paul's nails a lilac colour.

It was only once Paul was all dressed up that "Paul" informed her they were going shopping.

'I want to make the most of having someone who can model different outfits for me. I assure you it will be fun'

They went to Cavel Square, Mandy had Paul try on outfits in three different stores and purchased two dresses, One was black and white and the other Maroon. Both were very figure hugging with short hems. Paul felt sexy in them and Mandy seemed impressed.

They also bought a new shirt and new trousers for "Paul".

They ran into Mandy's friend in a shoe shop. Mandy had just convinced Paul to try on some 5 inch heels. Paul had accepted the challenge to see if she could walk in them.

Paul remembered Libby as the old school friend of her mother's they had briefly met last weekend. With Libby was her daughter, introduced as Sarah. They were shoe shopping themselves.

Paul knew her daughter from somewhere but couldn't place where. She guessed the young woman to be about 19 or 20.

Libby suggested a coffee so they could catch up. Paul looked at Mandy who gave a brief nod then accepted. Their orders had just arrived when Libby asked Paul (thinking she was Mandy) 'Do you know whatever happened to Teddy Jenkinson'

Paul almost spilled her coffee. That was her father. After thinking for several seconds she composed herself 'I married him. He died in a car accident when Paul was 6'

Both Libby and her daughter paled. They looked totally shocked. Eventually Libby asked 'Is Paul Teddy's son?'

Paul nodded 'Yes'

Libby looked at Paul closely, then replied. 'I left town at 17 because I was pregnant. Teddy was the father. Paul and Sarah are siblings'

Paul realised her mouth was agape. She looked at Sarah, the resemblance now was clear. Teddy Jenkinson had strong genes. Sarah was staring at Mandy who she knew as "Paul". Eventually Paul spoke 'I didn't know'

Libby replied 'I don't think anybody did. My parents were so ashamed of me. We moved out of town. They wanted me to disappear. They moved back 12 year's ago because this is where my grandparents on both sides lived. I had married by then and settled in Greensfield. Graeme became Sarah's father. I only came back here after Graeme had passed away. Sarah wanted to know her roots. He had cancer. The last year was very hard' The woman choked up.

Paul didn't know what to say. Should she comfort Libby? What would the real Mandy do? He seemed to be entranced by Sarah. They were still staring at each other. Had Mandy been listening to what Libby had just revealed?

Eventually Paul found her voice. 'This has come as a bit of a shock. Out of the blue. I don't know what to say' She may not have known what to say but she instinctively gave the crying woman a hug. She felt herself being hugged back.

Libby finally composed herself. 'I'm sorry I didn't mean to spring that on you. I didn't know you had married Teddy. I hadn't heard anything of Teddy since I left him'

By now Sarah and Mandy were listening. Libby went on. 'It was only after Graeme had passed that I told Sarah who her real father was. She was keen to find out about him. Meet him if possible. I only asked you about Teddy to help her find him'

"Paul" really Mandy spoke up. 'I'm actually thrilled to meet you both. Not upset at all. I think it's wonderful that I have a half sister. I've never had a sibling. You must come and visit our house. You're family now'

That seemed to please Liz. Her smile returned. She looked at Paul (Who she thought was Mandy). 'I hope you are okay with this as well Mandy. I'm sure it was you who Teddy loved. Graeme was the love of my life. I had already split from Teddy when I found out I was pregnant. That's why I never told him. Why I never looked for him in later years'

Paul just nodded, his memories of his father were dim but he had always had the impression that his parents were deeply in love. 'I'm happy that Teddy loved me and I think he was equally as puzzled as I was as to your sudden disappearance' She noticed a nod of agreement from Mandy so continued. 'We need to stay in touch for the sake of these two. I'm sure Paul would love to get to know his sister'

They exchanged phone numbers. Then Paul said. 'This has made me rather emotional. I think I'll terminate the shopping. We've already got most of what we came for' She also felt she needed to change her pad. It was as if she had a wet nappy.