The Song of Sirens(I)

"Sodem,range"

"16000,ma'am"

Far away from the contesting zone,seven warships,one battlecruiser,two missile cruisers and four destroyers made their way to join the battle.Moonlight from a clear sky shine on their way,lit up the reddish deck of the Kirov-class warship and the metal colored deck of the Arleigh Burke-class and Slava-class ships escorting her in an alluring bright white color,but that wasn't enough for them to see very far at night.Even with the help of binoculars,at best,they could see a few light came out from the lighthouse at the city side,and the barely visible red light from the giant elevator.

It was the light from the burning city that led them here.

On the deck of the flagship,anti-air guns sleep on their turrets,the heavier guns lowered it cannon to the front of the ship aiming at somewhere unknown far away.The anchor hanged at the forefront of the ship constantly getting splashed with salt water of the ocean.And of course,the radar on the control tower constantly spinning around itself,as it has alway been.

There is almost no light on the ship,and the smell of salt fills everywhere in the hallway.If there is a place where the smell of salt can't reach,the smell of mazut would take that place instead.

"Sodem,a large one is enough"

Deep inside the control center,the room of the commander of this ship is a rare place on the ship still has its light on,and probably the only place that have been kept clean from the smell of salt and mazut fuel,instead,the nice smell of two darjeeling tea cups with sugar filled the room with warm and pleasure.The sound of sugar cube being put into the teacup and the sound of waves on the sea creating a harmony of peace on a warship far from its home.

On the red sofa,a navy lieutenant with the name Sodem is working on it.His place was supposed to be at the control room,but Sodem' commander has generously personally invited him here,so there is no reason for him to work on that cold and salt filled room,rather than sitting here and enjoys the nice room with his commander.

And the one who's sitting right next to him is no one else out of the newly exceptionally promoted Rear Admiral-Ship commander Flandre Blanche of the OFS Black Sparrow,and the supreme commander of the Combat Task Force number 6,also known as the Siren fleet.

"We have ten minutes,huh?Is everything ready yet,Sodem?"

"I don't think you have to worry about that,all things have been checked recently and nothing seemed to have any malfunction.We also have enough ammunition too,that should be enough for a few days to come"

"Good"

"Yeah,but....why are the subs gone?"

"You will know it later"

Flandre picks up a cup of tea from the table.However,her eyes can't concentrate on it,but at the city far away from where she is.The skyline orange light of flame,and from there,black smoke came out,filled up a part of the sky and prevent her from seeing any star in that direction,Oured is burning,she can say for certain,but Flandre doesn't know whether it's her friends or her enemies are burning in that flame.

Boom!*

Another huge explosion blasted out the city from the inside.One second later,a blue figure,probably an ADF-01 escaped from the orange fire.The once beautiful city has truly turned into a warzone

A dozen more helicopters have arrived at the city from the otherside of the bay,heading toward the Space Elevator,but most of them were shot down by the UCAV even before reaching it.Only two or three of them successfully landed on the surrounding area of the ISEV.As the MQ-101 dive down to attack,their charge was stopped by Patriot missiles.