Backstabber

A/N:Where's Europe?Well,next chap would be,and it would be big.But I must getting rid of Torres first

"Haaaa"

Lying on the roof of his hut,hand holding a bottle of rum and watching as the stars rise,Charles Arnold,the famed pilot once known as Phoenix,is now enjoying his retirement life,all alone in the middle of the Waldreich mountain range.

The moon is full tonight,illuminating the ground below with its silver light.The whisper of cool wind flows by his ears,making Charles feel a bit chilly.He takes a sip from his battle of rum,the alcohol burns down his throat,warmer the body of his,so that he could stay out here longer to wait for the meteor shower.

"Hey, it's you again."

Before the meteors arrived,at the corner of his eyes,a giant white figure appeared.Arsenal Bird Liberty,now under the command of the New Federation is guarding the sky of Belka.Upon its arrival,the old Phoenix raises high his glass bottle.

"You're here to watch the comets too,eh?"

Unlike Charles who could speak,Liberty could only reply with the sound of her propeller engines.But Charles doesn't bother that,he continues to lie down and wait for the show to begin.

"It's here."

From a part of the sky,the comets begin to fall down like rain,covering the entire dark sky with their burning heat and disappear,before the other arrives and repeat.Just like those pilots,those who brightened the sky,before vanishing away in history.

**

"How can you be so sure this is the right way?"

Boarding on the deck of Aigaion,Erich leads Hilde and Trigger into a metallic hall,searching for where Mobius and the captain could possibly go to.They met up with several Erusians on their way,those looking at them with suspicion eyes.Trigger could tell,that something is wrong with Aigaion's crew.

Turning to the right hall of the ship,they found a series of unconnected halls leading to the lower part of Aigaion.

After a moment of briefing his memory,Erich takes a gaze across the doors by the side of the flight deck.He picks one of the doors to open,before entering the intersection of the ship,jumping off the stairs and running toward one of the corridors,followed soon by the two after.

"Yeah,I've seen the map of Aigaion,this should be the way to the storage hall.There's rarely people there,maybe the least visited place on this ship,Torres can do whatever he wants without being interrupted."

The team meets a crossroad,in which Erich turns to the right,following the lead of the arrow pointed toward the ship's storage hall.

"But what if he didn't?"-Trigger questioned-"There could be several places like that across this ship.And Torres might not even think that way."

"Pray that he did.I have no better option."

"You can't just tell me that!She's our captain,we must find her alive.We have to split up."

"No,Torres might possess weapons,gun or knife.Heck,possibly even a rifle.Going alone is too dangerous-"

For a sudden,Trigger stops running,forcing the two others to stop with him:

"No time for reconsidering"-Erich said-"We have to hurry up."

"He's right"-Hildegard nodded in support,but Trigger has an idea:

"Erich,where's the way to our squadron's room?"

"This is not the time for that-"

"Answer me."