Chapter 9

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

Your author speaking/: My writing style will switch from my MCs POVs to 3rd person

Your author speaking/: My writing style will switch from my MCs POVs to 3rd person. I won't label it (Amoras POV) like I do in my other books but instead it will be (With Amora) or (With Raul)

With Amora:

After rejecting the Duke my Aunt and uncle was Furious, the next morning I listened to my aunt scream at me for hours. "You Insolent Brat, How Dare YouReject His Grace! Do You Know What You have Done!?" She shouted at me. "You had one job and that was to warm up to the Duke so that he would want to marry you but you couldn't even do that right!!" my uncle shouted. Even though I knew what was at stake I still couldn't go through with it, that's not how I want to marry someone, I don't want it to be because I was told to or because of they're status or title. It's selfish of me I know but I want his grace to want to marry me, when he spoke his words were clearly forced I'm sure he felt obliged to take responsibility for me because I helped his sister.

I stood there with my head hung low I knew what was coming next I could practically see the words about to roll of they're tongues. This was it after this conversation I will officially be homeless, Just as my aunt opened her mouth to speak there was a knock at the door.

She stopped and immediately made her way over to open it. It was quiet for a moment until we heard a man's voice. "My apologies but I was told to give this to lady Amora Myself" said the man's voice which seem to had made my aunt even angrier then before. She slammed the door in the man's face before walking over to me. "Go get rid of that knight we don't need him sniffing around, we have enough problems as it is dealing with you" said my aunt before sitting down on the couch. I made my way over to the door and opened it only to see a knight standing at the door, he was about to leave before he saw me but stopped when he did.

"Lady Amora?" He called out in an uncertain tone most likely because we've never met before. "Yes?" I replied "Greetings , I'm sir Lance Falconknot, captain of his graces personal guard at the Grand Dukedom, I was sent by the Duke to gift you these" he said before kneeling and holding up the flowers to me. I grabbed them thinking that he'd stand back up but he didn't which made me feel embarrassed for some reason. "Please sir lance stand" I said my face a bright red. "As you wish my lady" he replied before standing back up on his feet. I looked at the bouquet of lovely light blue and white flowers. I found myself smelling them before I realized that there was a note with the titled The Duke on it. I pulled off the note and read it in my head,

The note;
Lady Amora I have sent you these flowers as an apology and a gift. They're my house colors in case you haven't noticed, I hope sir lance greeted you to your liking if not then write me back and tell me so that I may punish him.  Anyways besides that I am truly sorry, I realized my error in words and I can assure you that I will never speak to you like that again I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.  Signed- Raul Romario the Duke

I read the note and smiled a little even on this note card his words were so genuine I sighed and looked up at sir lance. "You wouldn't happen to have a note card and pen with you would you?" I asked Sir lance felt around in his pockets before pulling out a note card and pen for me. I grabbed them and handed the knight my flowers in which he was happy to hold. I quickly wrote a response to his grace that read.

Amoras Note:
Hello your grace, thank you so very much for the flowers and the apology and no I did not notice that they were your house colors that might be the reason I thought them so lovely kind of reminds me of Your sister Rya.  Anyways I accept your apology and forgive you, Ps. Sir Lance did lovely in greeting me so no need to punish him. Signed- Amora Haku

After writing the note I gave it to Sir lance "Please make sure this gets to his grace" I said as he handed me back my flowers. He nodded and tucked it away into his front pocket and bowed to me "I will take my leave now lady Amora" he said before turning and walking back to the horse that was standing there. I waved as he got on and set off.

I went back into the house with a smile on my face which soon disappeared when I saw my uncle and aunt both glaring at me. My aunt got up and came over to me snatching the flowers from my hand luckily I kept the note hidden and nothing but the tag with the Dukes signature and my name was on it. "The Duke?!" She said shocked before showing it to the viscount my uncle. "It would seem that you have granted the Dukes favor, it's settled you will continue to stay here and fix what you have done with the Duke if you fail to do so you will be kicked out and disowned by this family" he said before standing up and handing the flowers back to aunt before leaving. I held out my hand for them back but she smacked it away. "Did you think you were getting these back?, think of it as an apology gift to me for messing up our plans you ratchet leech" she said before turning her face and walking away with My flowers leaving me alone in the living room, that joy I felt just moments ago was immediately snuffed out as I held onto the note card from his grace wondering if things would have been different if I had married him, maybe I could've gotten away from all this maybe I could've had a better life. She thought to herself "No it was for the best" I said out loud to myself before making my way to my room.

But little did I know this was how it all started.

A few days later:

After that note card and the flowers from his grace sir lance had become an regular visitor with gifts each one more expensive then the last from his grace but my aunt would always take them and keep them or gift them to my cousins. at first it made me sad but then eventually that didn't bother me as much because the part I started to look forward to the most was the letters we sent back in forth to one another. most of them was through sir lance until he started to send a bird instead when sir lance could not come. Today I was in my window reading a book, it wasn't the one I loved so much as my younger cousin threw it out for the carriage widow to spite me but the books here was my only source of entertainment at the moment so I had to deal with it. Just then a bird flew through the crack of my window and landed on my shoulder I was startled at first when it chirped but then realized that it was the one the Duke usually sends. I grabbed the letter from its leg and read it excitedly.