三十三

Y/N was heading towards the train station, and C/N was right next to her. He was resting on her shoulder because the sun was setting and he got tired of flying.

The former Sun Hashira was super excited to 'hang out' with the Flame Hashira, but she was also a bit nervous. The only time she had a one-on-one conversation with Rengoku was when she gave out her information to him and then dipped.

She lowered her head down, feeling uncomfortable from all the stares she was getting as she passed through a busy crowd of people. She paused for a moment to adjust her katanas, which were hidden inside the back part of her uniform, then continued to walk.

Who wouldn't stare, though? A beautiful, mysterious woman wearing a weird male uniform of sorts that had a big crow resting on her shoulder. It was a truly bizarre sight to witness.

Y/N still wasn't used to having missions at or even close to towns because of the time she came from.

Back in Y/N's original universe, she only had missions in small villages when it came to human populated areas. With all the technology and everything, the demons didn't dare approach big cities. The risks of being recorded were just too high.

Nevertheless, she was going to power through this mission. It was her job, after all.

After accidentally bumping into many people and apologising, Y/N finally arrived at the train station.

"Here were are..It looks super pretty! Wait. Did I even bring money to buy a ticket?" With a quick pat down, her nerves were calmed once she felt a familiar small pouch of cash in her pocket.

"Oh thank god."

Just as Y/N was about to board the train, someone loudly shouted. The shout came out of nowhere and it startled her and her crow.

"Hey!"

"The fuck-?" Y/N and C/N turned around to look at the person who was being loud in public and were a bit surprised to see the Flame Hashira standing there.

Rengoku was carrying two big stashes of lunch boxes that were wrapped in purple cloth with little ribbons on top that he used as handles.

He looked like he was going on a picnic.

It was cute.

As he stood tall and proud, his teammate died on the inside.

People were staring at them like they were zombies. It was quite embarrassing.

"Hello, L/N! It looks like we were assigned to a mission together! I'll explain the mission once we buy tickets and get ourselves seated!" Social anxiety feared this man.

"Sure! A-And no need for formalities..You can just call me Y/N."

"Then call me Kyojuro! Follow me, Y/N!"

Rengoku boarded the train, and Y/N followed him close by. There were many people who were buying tickets and getting seated.

Y/N doesn't do great with large amounts of people, so she was a bit uncomfortable. Rengoku noticed her slightly nervous state and tried to help her.

He stood closer to her, hoping to ease her mind a little. It looked a bit creepy, but she picked up on what he was trying to do and snickered.

Being the gentleman that Rengoku was, he bought her a ticket.

That was a small battle itself, though. Y/N refused to let him spend his money on her, but he insisted. She lost the battle because the people around them got annoyed and hurried them up.