三十七

"Inosuke! There's no safe place on this train! Protect the sleeping people!" Tanjiro shouted desperately at the boar boy.

He would never forgive himself if anyone innocent got hurt.

"This whole train is a demon! Can you hear me?! This whole train is a demon!"

"I knew it! Then, I was right! And I lack nothing as a boss!" While Inosuke was busy praising himself, Y/N turned to look at Tanjiro.

"I'll go help him! You go find the demon's soft spot! Do NOT fight the demon by yourself! Inosuke and I will protect all 200 passengers!"

Y/N patted Tanjiro's back before she left the red-haired boy to go do his job. She ran over to Inosuke, and the two jumped back into the hole on the roof.

The inside of the train was slowly turning into a fleshy mush. Long, fleshy tentacles were coming from the walls, roof, and the floor and were slowly approaching the sleeping passengers.

"Ew! What the hell!? It's looks so slimy!" Y/N cried on the inside.

"Beast Breathing, Fifth fang: Crazy Cutting!" Inosuke sliced everything in all directions while in mid-air. He didn't waste any time protecting the people.

"I'll save them all! You'll all be bowing to me in thanks!"

As soon as the tentacles hit the floor and disintegrated, new ones appeared. This time, they grew faster and more aggressive.

"Time to do my job as the former Hashira and help out.." Y/N cracked her knuckles and got into a charging stance.

Little did Y/N know that Rengoku also had the same thought in mind.

.
.
.

The train had shook a couple of times due to the demon's tentacle attack, so Tanjiro had no choice but to throw himself through the window, back into one of the cars.

Tanjiro was currently struggling with protecting the slepping people.

The regeneration speed of this demon was exhausting him.

A loud lightening sound caught his attention as the boy panted heavily. "That sounds like lightning striking! Is it behind me? I don't know."

Tanjiro continued to slice the tentacles, and the tentacles continued to regenerate at an alarming rate.

"Have Zenitsu and Rengoku woken up? What about Nezuko?! It's all I can do to protect the people right in front of me! This is bad. What should I do? We can't work together!"

He was getting more and more frustrated with each swing.

"Are the passengers in the rear cars safe? Urgh! It's too cramped to swing my katana!"

BWAM!

KLUNK!

The train jumped and nearly slid off of the rails with the force of their attacks.

Rengoku and Y/N had sliced every tentacle that came in their way as they were looking for Tanjiro.

The commotion of their attacks made Tanjiro gasp with concern and shock.