fight for me

we were having a great time on the beach celebrating the end of filming of their new season of outer banks

we were having a great time on the beach celebrating the end of filming of their new season of outer banks. i was partying with the cast and i honestly was enjoying myself a bit too much. it's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

we had started off the day by going out to brunch together chugging down bottomless mimosas while rudy and chase made one too many toasts. they began cheers-ing to "big booties" and at that point, i knew we were all too drunk for it being only the afternoon. we made our way to the beach, stumbling and trying to avoid getting a public intoxication charge. drew had given me a piggyback ride on the way down to the beach and if it wasn't for my guidance i swear the both of us would have ended up in a bush.

there was a cool breeze by the ocean so the guys started to make a bonfire. madelyn and i ran down to play in the water and our laughs were freaking out the little children trying to swim near us. "i am way too drunk," madelyn slurred, hunched over in laughter.

a huge wave suddenly came up and knocked us on our butts and made us laugh even harder. "i think it's time we go back to the boys," i cried, holding my hand to my sore butt that landed on a rock in the ocean. she nodded back in agreement, wiping the water off her face.

austin had brought down a cooler full of beers and seltzers and everyone dove for them like it was water. drew brought me my favorite black cherry seltzer while he cracked open his beer. "here you go, baby," he said, smiling at me with his glossy eyes.

"you're so pretty," i slurred, pressing my wet lips to his warm cheek.

he grabbed my face with his strong hand and chuckled at my drunkenness, "i love you so much." the alcohol made my cheeks warm and his sweet words made my heart warm.

"i love you more," i said, wrapping my arms around his neck. the "i love you more" game was something i always knew i'd win. i loved him more than i ever loved anything.

our embrace was interrupted by yet another toast from rudy. "cheers to the end of filming, the beach, good friends and most importantly i cheers to god for blessing us with beer." all of us applauded at his toast and cheered our drinks together.

looking around me i was admiring the setting of music playing, the gorgeous beach, and all of my close friends. it made me feel more grateful than ever that i'm surrounded by such good people. i ran over to the girls to embrace them in a hug and i accidentally tripped over a little girl's bucket which caused her sandcastle to fall over.

laying face down in the sand, i was embarrassed. i was drunk, admittedly but i didn't mean to destroy her sandcastle. "i'm so sorry, sweetie. i didn't mean to," i said, guilt written all over my face. the little girl, whose dreams i just crushed, began crying and ran to her family.

everyone hurried over to check up on me, still on the ground. "baby, oh my god. are you okay?" drew worriedly asked, rushing over to help me up.

"y/n, are you alright?" madison questioned, grabbing another one of my arms to assist me in getting up.

"yeah, i'm alright," i announced, dusting the sand off my legs, "who puts a freakin bucket right there?"

they all laughed at my annoyed comment, relieved that i was alright. "let's get you some water, buddy," chase said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

sitting back at the bonfire, drew gave me water and sat with me, holding my hand. my conversation with drew was cut off by a male voice yelling from a few yards away. "did you knock over my little sister's sand castle?" a man yelled, looking about our age.

drew shot up from his seat immediately. "leave us alone, man. it was an accident," he asserted, placing his body in front of mine. i loved how he always defended me, it was the most attractive thing ever.

my body hid behind his as i was not one for confrontation. i told the little girl i was sorry, what else was i supposed to do? "control your bitch next time and tell her to put down the booze. there are kids around," the strange man rudely remarked.

his comment caused all of the boys to perk up like dogs and they rushed over and began defending drew. "just walk away, man," rudy demanded, getting up in the guy's face.

"what did you just say about my girl?" drew announced, cutting through the crowd of pissed off boys. drew puffed up his chest and began storming towards the angry stranger.

"you heard me, douchebag," the guy said, shoving back drew's shoulders. this action made drew's face twist in fury.

us girls hid behind all of the boys as we did not want to be involved in this ugly mess. "should we do something?" madelyn quietly asked, clutching onto both mine and madison's arms.

"is it wrong that i want to see drew beat his ass?" i giggled in response. madison and madelyn both laughed at my question.

in one swift movement, drew swung and took the guy to the ground. "don't ever talk about my girl like that, asshole," he stated, standing over the guy's body on the ground.

that was the hottest thing i had ever seen. madison's jaw dropped at drew's actions, "damn, y/n. look at your man go." her comment made me smirk in confidence.

all of the guys walked back to us after they knew the situation had been handled. i rushed over to drew in concern, "babe, are you okay? you just took that guy down."

"yeah, i'm fine. i can't believe that asshole. who talks about women like that?" drew said, annoyed at what just happened.

i rubbed up and down on his arms before planting a firm kiss on his lips. "i can't believe you'd fight for me. that was hot," i remarked, a grin growing on my face.

"i'll always fight for you," drew said, planting a kiss on my forehead, "plus, fuck her sandcastle." we both chuckled and returned to our bonfire, his hand enveloped in mine.

after the fight, drew wouldn't let me out of his sight. he would always stand there with his arm around me, giving me small kisses as a reminder that he was there. he wouldn't even let me walk to the bathroom by myself or let me stand up to grab myself a drink. he was still too shaken up after the scary man had tried coming for me.

the rest of the bonfire, i stared at drew and smirked knowing that he was in for a special treat tonight after defending my honor.