best friend's brother

drew and i had been sneaking around behind madison's back for a month now

drew and i had been sneaking around behind madison's back for a month now. the three of us grew up together, and we all attended the same college. drew and madison had a house together with a few other roommates off campus, so whenever she was gone running errands, i snuck over to see him.

it was quite an easy way of sneaking around; no one suspected a thing. to me, drew was always the hot, mysterious older brother that i've had a crush on since i could remember. it didn't turn into something more than me being his little sister's best friend until recently.

i discovered drew had feelings for me when he drunkenly admitted that he would get jealous every time i brought a new guy over to their house.

i felt like all of my childhood dreams had finally come true when we started seeing each other. it was fun and sneaky, and it made our relationship all the more passionate. when madison and i were having a sleepover, i would sneak out of her room after she fell asleep to go see drew. i would then set an alarm for 4:00 in the morning to sneak back into madison's room to prevent being caught. i knew it was a shitty thing for me to do, but i knew if i told her we were seeing each other, she would freak. and i wasn't ready for our relationship to be public.

as of lately, she started seeing a new guy, and she was over at his house more often than not, so this made drew and i hooking up behind her back a lot easier.

on sunday morning, i was resting in the comfort of drew's arms. madison was gone at her routine sunday morning yoga class, so i was able to sleep in a little more than usual. i woke up to the loud, screeching sound of drew's alarm. "jesus christ," he mumbled in his gravelly morning voice. he slapped his phone to turn off the obnoxious sound.

"i don't want to get up," i muttered, my voice muffled by my face buried in his chest. he wrapped his strong arms around me and brought my face closer to his neck. i wrapped my legs and arms around him like a koala clinging to a tree.

this was my least favorite part about us sneaking around. i couldn't be lazy and cuddle with him all morning like i wanted to. "you need to get up before she gets back," he mumbled, pressing his lips to the top of my head.

i didn't want to escape his warm touch. i pressed my lips against his stubbly jaw, and his facial hair tickled my chin. "you need to shave," i groaned, rubbing my chin.

"stop trying to change the subject, lazy butt," he murmured. i squeezed him even tighter and rolled his heavy body on top of mine. he chuckled at my sad attempt to stay longer in bed with him.

"can't get up now," i said, wrapping my arms and legs so tight around his body that he couldn't move. i gave up my grip on him when he began to viciously tickle my armpits. he knew it was my weak spot, and it never ceased to make me squirm and cry with laughter.

he hopped out of bed, laughing at my defeated state. he grabbed a shirt off his floor and began to pull it over his torso. i swear, drew standing there shirtless, slipping on his t-shirt felt like i was watching a cologne commercial happen in slow motion.

i must've been staring at him open-mouthed because it resulted in him making a dumb comment. "y/n, i think you got a little something," he suggested, motioning to the corner of his mouth.

i threw my pillow at him in embarrassment, which caused him to double over in laughter. "oh, shut up. i wasn't drooling," i replied, rolling my eyes and laughing.

"whatever you say, baby," he joked, giving me a quick peck on my cheek. i grinned back at him for his sweet kiss. i was about to get out of bed to smother him with kisses when my head shot in the direction of his bedroom door after i heard madison's car beep locked.

"oh crap, she's back. i can't go out the front door," i stressed, jumping out of bed and struggling to slip my shoes on as fast i could. drew ran over to his bedroom door to double check he locked it.

"you're either going to have to wait until she gets in the shower to leave or there's always the window," he remarked, a devilish grin on his face.

i stared at him with a dumbfounded look. "you're kidding, right?" i snickered. the look on his face told me that he was being all too serious.

"not even a little bit," he answered, his eyes darting from me to the window.

"you can't be seriously suggesting i climb out of your window. i'm a lady for crying out loud," i contested, my arms folding across my chest in annoyance. it was not going to be an easy climb out of his window, and it quickly became my plan b.

we both froze, and his hand quickly slapped over my mouth as we began to hear madison's footsteps come nearer to his bedroom door. looking up at him, his blue eyes grew large in fear.

madison first attempted to mess with the door knob to get it open and then proceeded to bang on the door. "drew, open up!" she exclaimed.

i ripped off drew's hand, covering my mouth. "what the hell am i supposed to do?" i frantically whispered. the banging on the door continued to get louder.

"give me a second; i'm naked!" drew yelled back at her. he began hysterically reaching for his bedroom window, attempting to get it open as quietly as he could.

"oh my god. you're making me go out the window? can't i just hide somewhere?" i quietly asked, grabbing my purse and phone off his nightstand.

"she's like a drug dog. she'll know you're in here. the only way out is the window," he hastily whispered, pushing my body towards the window.

"hurry up! how long does it take you to get dressed?" madison groaned. her impatience made me rush out the window as fast as i could. i knew one more second and she would be busting down the door.

"hold on!" he yelled back, assisting me over the ledge.

as i swung my body to the other side of the window frame, i looked down in fear. the drop to the ground wasn't scary high, but enough to trigger a panic in me. "i don't know if i can do this. can't we just tell her?" i worried, my hands clamming against the windowsill.

"i promise this will be the last time. after this, i'm going to tell her. no more sneaking around and no more jumping out of windows," he added, grabbing my face with both of his hands. he bent down and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

his reassurance instilled a comfort in me, and i nodded along to his words. i placed another kiss on his lips, and i climbed out of his window.

after reaching the bottom, i couldn't help but smile to myself. any fears i had about madison finding out left my mind and i was left with a new sense of confidence, knowing that the next time i'd see him, we would finally be an official couple.