|Joey|

"Mr. Joey Bryant!" A familiar voice called out my name.

I turn to look and see who it is.

"Mom! Mom what are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

She embraces me with a hug stepping back a little looking over me.

"Me and your father are concerned, and he told me to just come check on you to make sure you're ok."mom said.

"So you can come check on me when stuff hits the fan, but when it comes to my success you're nowhere to be found. Momma if it wasn't for this girl standing beside me right here; I'd be dead right now. You said my father is concerned right? So why isn't he here also?" I asked.

"Your father is out on a business trip in Oregon for the family business. He still has words on the streets so he knows what's been going on with you. He told me what had been going on, and I just needed to come check on you lay eyes on ya. I really came to make sure you are ok baby I love you your father loves you we just want what is best for you baby." My mom said.

"What was best for me was having my parents around mom; not friends of the family, or grandparents, or family members, or babysitters, or random pop ups from you here in there.... I needed consistency I needed y'all man, and y'all like always was never there." I said.

"Listen I didn't come to ruin your trip son I want you to enjoy your time have fun, but you are still a part of the family business, and we need you to do your part." My mom stated.

"Always about business isn't it huh?" I asked.

"Son let's not forget what started you out. Getting you in that college wasn't easy, and it damn sure wasn't legal. Our family  business has stayed prospeing since before putting you through school and after. Look all I need you to do is pick up that's it can you do that for me son?" Mom asked.

"So you want me to jeopardize my career, and scholarship my whole future for a pick up?  Nah ma you got life messed up. I worked to fucking hard to backtrack. I did my last drop, and pick up for y'all, and I told y'all right after I wanted outta the game. Well let me make it perfectly clear for you momma I'm outta the game." I said 
Walking away towards V.

"You'll regret this decision Joey your father's not gonna be pleased." She said before walking off pulling out her phone.

"What was that all about bae?" V asked.

"Imma tell you about it bae I promise just not right now.
There's a time and a place for everything.
I will explain to you everything it is you want to know baby just not right now let's enjoy this time together." I said.

"Ok love I'll let it go for now." V said looking at me concerned.

We walk towards the waterslides.

As we walk up the stairs to go down the slide I can't help, but replay what just went down in my head over and over again.

How the fuck did she know where I was?

Why would she ask me some shit like that?

I need to start my own legacy.

I look up at V.

I smack her on the ass as she walks up the steps.

She turns her head looking back at me smiling.

We finally make it to the top.

"All right! Few instructions listen closely go ahead and have a seat." The instructor instructed.

"Your gonna wanna cross your legs like this and cross your arms across your chest like this." He instructed

We did as told.