Acceptance

"Jim! I said Im fine!! I can carry my own shit. It's been weeks!" I whined. Im currently moving more of my stuff into Dekes thanks to the quake messing up the place luca and me were staying in. Deacon said we could stay with him until the new house is liveable. Yea, Luca finally decided on a dollar house for the police program. It needs some serious work, but with me, and the rest of the swat team itll be fixed up in no time.  Plus Luca and Jim have been staying there to work on stuff in the meantime. I however prefer to be comfortable when I sleep so I've been staying here.

"Yea, well im doing it to be helpful. Besides I'm heading back to the new place after this anyway since its our day off. Chris is gonna come over and help out with repairs." I smiled.

"Well then I'll come with! I told Luca I was gonna help too." Jim shook his head.

"No Kara look, I know you want to buuuut I also know that there's something for you to do today that doesn't involve any of us" he winked. "And just so you know… the age difference aside I can see how much you two care about eachother and at least I know you're safe, happy and cared for ya know? I learn you sure right?" I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I whispered. I know I never needed his approval, but its nice to have it. "You however, need to focus less on me and more on you street. Get back to swat permanently bub. Im proud of you ya know." He smiled.

"Heres the last of it K." Luca said as he followed Deke in. "Street you ready man? We got a lot to do today!" Luca says clapping Jim on the back. "You coming by later K?" I shrug my shoulders as the two turn to leave.

"We'll see what I'm up to later on. Let me know if you get the hoop up!" I yell before leaning into Deacons side in the doorway. "Sooooooo. My brother says I have plans today?" I smirk up at him. Deke laughs.

"Yea well I haven't had a day off in a while and its the first one I wanna spend with you,  so I figured maybe go get food and hit a movie or go ice skating? Talked to a friend and they said they'd let us in even though its closed." He winked.

"All of that sounds absolutely wonderful. But since its nice why don't we pick up food and go to that one park with the huge pond and giant weeping tree!" I said excitedly. He nods grabbing his keys.

"Lets get going beautiful." He says as he smacks my ass before leading me to the car. As usual Deacons hand didn't leave my thigh the whole drive, and if it did it was attached to my hand. "You know… I'm glad you and Street are on good terms again." I smiled and looked over at deke.

"Yea, me too. Honestly I hated being upset with him, but I just couldn't let what he said, or how he just automatically took her side go. It hurt. But I'm glad were good and it seems as though he even sees just how important you are to me." I smile wrapping my fingers around his hand and squeezing. The drive was quick, we stopped and grabbed a couple sandwhiches and a thing of potato salad from a little market and ate under my favorite tree.

We sat for what felt like hours just talking. Talking about what we both want out of life, like marriage and kids. We talked about careers where I wanna end up down the line. But no matter what we talked about Deacon always included me, saying "we" instead of "I". And that does something to a woman ya know. Knowing your man has a plan and see you as a part of it. I was pulled from my thoughts when Dekes phone rang. I sat up giving him some space to take the call. I heard him saying he'd be right in, so I knew it was work and started to clean up our trash. He sighed as he got off the phone.

"Kara Im sorry baby. I gotta-" I cut him off with a kiss.

"No. Don't ever be sorry for doing your job. You help people, its what you're built for." I smile. He pulls me back in for another kiss. "Now get outta here."I giggled giving him a small shove.