Maybe I'll have to kiss you..

I asked Luca for a ride to work today since my nerves are damn near shot. I've been taking the morning shifts lately because I can't stand walking to my car at night. I know that Charlie is locked up, but I'm just stuck and I don't wanna burden anyone with walking me out. Tomorrow is an off day however, thanks to me needing to testify against Charlie.

"Hey, you sure you're okay? I mean I know that you have a lot going on with the trial and everything, but you testifying is gonna help that woman that he best up last week."

"It was me." It came out as more of a whisper.

"What? You gotta speak up K."

"It was me, Luca," I said with my head down. "I was the girl last week. I told you guys that I was at an underground fight, but I wasn't. I was getting my ass beat. I guess Deacon came to the bar to see if anyone was there or something and saw it and when I realized that it was he who stopped him I made him swear not to tell Street. Keep my name out of it unless need be. Hense the trial." I sighed. Before Luca could speak, his phone went off.

"I uh I gotta stop on the way and help out on a case. Some murder investigation. I'm not sure why it's for S.W.A.T to handle but I'll run you to work after. If you need to talk you can always talk to me, Kara. I think you should tell Street too. It's not good to keep it all bottled in, but I am glad that Deke was there for you." He sighed. I know he is a little upset that I didn't tell him the truth cause I mean me and Luca are the closest out of everyone. Luca knows about how I feel about Deke too. Tells me I should make a move even though he is so much older than me.

When we got to the site I told Luca I would just stay in the car, I am not really in the mood to see a bunch of blood or a dead body. I sat outside and decided I was just going to call in today. Luca is right. It's just a little too much all at one time, so when he gets done here I'm just gonna have him take me home. About 20 minutes later, Luca came running out to the car. "Hey, doll so I gotta go to the precinct. Deke is inside and he said he could take you to work after. He should be ready in about 15-20. I'm sorry doll. When I get back later I wanna have a chat about tomorrow. Okay?" I nodded my head and grabbed my bag before getting out of the car.

I decided to wait on the porch steps until Deke got done. After a few minutes, I heard Deke and a woman a little bit older than myself. He was trying to make her feel better, and she was pushing herself on him. Of course, he continuously turned her advances away, but he still wanted to do what he can to make her feel better. Personally, I think that she felt fine. I got jealous but tried to hide it by playing on my phone while I waited on the for him to finish up. He gave her a number to call if she thought of anything that could help, or if she needs anything. He walked over to me and held out a hand.

"Hey, sweetheart you ready?" I took it and he helped me up before placing a hand lightly on the small of my back when we left. When we got into the car, he was asking if I was okay and of course I told him yes. I let him know that he could just take me home because I had called off in light of the trial. When we got back to the apartment, he decided on following me inside saying that he wanted to make sure I got inside safely. Apparently, he wanted me to move faster than I was.

"You know if you don't move that ass of yours a little faster I'll have to move it for you." he said from behind me. I laughed

"Oh yeah? And how exactly would you plan on doing it?" I asked him, fully aware of the fact I am playing with fire. But Like Luca said you never know what can happen.

"Well, maybe I'll have to kiss you and toss you over my shoulder." My breathing hitched. Did he just say that? Did he mean to? So I did the only reasonable thing I could think of. I started slowing down and taking my time with each step. I wanted to know how much truth was behind his words, and I have to admit I could feel the tension. As I got to the top I held onto the rail of the stairs, stopping myself from walking completely and turning with my back to the stair rail. He came to a stop a step down from me, causing him to still be just a little taller than me. He put one of his arms on each side of me caging me in. He nudged my nose a little before finally putting his lips on mine. I let go of the rail and put a hand on his neck while my back was against the stair rail. 

Once he pulled away, I barely had time to think about what just happened before Deke's hands went under my thighs, lifting me. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He walked us the rest of the way to the apartment, only letting me down so that I could get my key out of my bag. As soon as the door was open, I was pinned against the wall. He pushed me down on the couch, taking everything from my pockets as he started kissing me again.

"God, you are so beautiful." He all but growled into my ear before nibbling on it. I shivered under his touch. But unfortunately, before things could escalate anymore, We heard the keys slide into the doorknob, meaning either my brother or Luca was back. I jumped off the couch and ran into the kitchen to get myself together and grabbed myself and Deke two beers.

"Hey, Deacon? What're you doin here?" I walked out handing Deke a beer as I took a swig of my own.

"Hey, bubba. Deke gave me a ride home after Luca got called off to somewhere. So Deke came in to talk to me about tomorrow, and give me the rundown on how its all supposed to go. Why're you home so early?"  I asked trying to play it off as if nothing happened.

"I had some stuff to do, so Chris covered me for a bit. I'm heading in now, I just needed to grab my badge. How come you're not at work?" he asked. I sighed I didn't think I would need to tell him.

"Well Luca drilled into me about how it's okay to be nervous about tomorrow and I realized that I am more stressed out than I wanted to admit, so I decided to call off." I took a bigger sip of my beer.

"Alright well, I'll be back later. Yo Deke you comin man? All hands on deck I guess its a hostage situation." He stated looking to Deacon for a response.

"Yea I'll follow you out. Kara do you want me to pick you up so that you don't have to drive with your nerves?" he asked looking at me. I just shook my head.

"No thanks, I've got work right after." I smiled.

"Why don't you take tomorrow off too Kara. It might be better." I sighed looking at my brother I do know he is just trying to help but I can't just push pause on my life.

"No, he is going to be locked up and I am not going to pause my life and the things I do for it. I'll have no reason to be afraid." I said before turning and going back into the kitchen. I heard the door shut and lock, my signal that they were gone. I finally broke... after the stress I guess this is an appropriate response.

Tomorrow is going to suck. I never thought I would have to testify against him. I thought that if I ran, he would just give up... And now my life is even more complicated and I kissed Deacon. Well, more like made out with him, almost had sex with him, and I have no idea where we stand. I prolly stand on one side while he stands on the other. Ha. I let myself cry for a bit longer before I decided to call it a day and most likely go to bed early. I sent my boss a text reminding him that I would be in a little late tomorrow due to the trial, and he understood. I am just ready to get my life under control. I should use a checklist. 1. The trial, 2 Figure out the Deke situation, 3 Living situation... That works for now.