Admitting

"Deacon can we stop for like 5 minutes? My body is not in the right shape to keep up with you and you S.W.A.T sculpted body." I wined for probably the 15th time since we started training. We had agreed after our workout sunday that when everyone got in on Monday we start and not stop until they got a call. That was almost three hours ago, and I've done everything from cardio, running, kick boxing. It's almost like he wants me to kill over.

"Girl you look rough!" Chris spoke from outside the ring smiling.

"Lets finish up this round and then we can be done for the day. Deal." I groaned but got back in position. Ive picked up a few things today and I know if he turns the right way I can sweep his leg from under him. We circled eachother a few times, and he took a few jabs that I was barely able to miss. Hondo walked in saying everyone needed to be close, that they might have a case so I took my chance. I was able to sweep Deacins leg out from under him causing him to fall on his back.

"Ahhh I did it I did it!" I was doing a little victory dance. Guess I should learn these guys don't let you off easy. Next thing I know I'm on the ground with Deacon hovering above me. He had grabed my leg flipping me onto the mat and pinning me.

"Always keep your head on a swivel. If you don't make sure you're target is down you could get hurt." I nodded in response. I couldn't think of anything to say. His face is so close that if I just lift my head up a little I could feel his lips against mine. We made eye contact and it lasted for what felt like hours before he quickly pulled back and offered me a hand to help me up. Holy fuck that was hot. The team started to make their way into the room where they talk about cases and I went to take a shower. A cold shower.

After I had my shower I decided to go out and look for a job. I couldn't just live off street. Lucky for me however the bar my brother and the team goes to was hiring so that was my first stop. I talked to the day manager and he said he'd talk to the big guy to make sure but he didn't see any reason I couldn't work. I had a little bar experience from back when I met Charlie so it wasn't like I didn't have any skills.

Once I got back to streets apartment I orderd food and listened to music and read my book. It only took about 30 minutes to get the pizza, and as I was paying my phone rang.

"Hello"

"Hey pretty lady."

"Luca? Did you steal my number from street." I laughed hearing him sigh.

"For your information no I did not. He gave it to me so I could call and see if you and you girl brain could help plan a party for Chris."

"My girl brain luca? Really? You do understand Chris is more like one of the guys right?"

"Uhh well yea but we-"

"Ill help luca why don't you follow street back here and we can work it out." I laughed. This boy is a great cop but I think his mom dropped him on his head.

"Yea okay. Thanks k." I said my goodbyes and went to change into my comfy clothes. I was halfway through my pizza when the door opened to street and luca arguing about something. It seemed intense so I just sat waiting for them to notice me. Lisa was first.

"Mm pizza. Man in starving." He damn near growled grabbing a slice.

"Hey that's mine!" I put my hand over my heart, pretending he hurt my feelings. "Whats wrong with grumpy?" I asked luca seeing as Jim was just standing there. When he head me talk he looked up.

"There something going on between you and Deacon?" I dropped my pizza.

"Excuse me what? Are you sick or something? What would give you that idea?" I stopped and looked twords luca. "What did you say?" He just threw his hands up.

"Just answer me kara?"

"Honestly?" I asked, he nodded for me to continue. "I mean I think he's hot as hell! But no theres nothing going on. Hes helping me out with training and stuff. Besides even if I did say I wanted somehing to be going on, why would he want me? Theres the age difference, my asshat of a brother, the "job" gets in the way as you cops say." Jim just nodded and went to shower. "Dammit luca what did you say to him?"

"I just said I think you might have a crush on him. Me and Chris were talkin after we saw your workout today. I didn't think he'd fly off the handle." I just hummed and grabed another slice. "So whatd you do after you left?"

"I went looking for a job. Cant live off brother grump forever. And ya girl got it. I can start next week." Luca smiled big as street walked into the living room.

"Where at?" Street asked. I could still hear the tension in his voice but I'm choosing to ignore it. It's not like he has a right to tell me what I can and can't do just cause he's older.

"That bar you guys go to. They needed a waitress. I told the manager about the experience I had before charlie and he said I could have it. It helped that I told him about my brother goin all the time he knew you." I smiled up at street.

"Well glad you found something. Although you know you can just stay with me right."

"Yea man but eventually she's gonna meet a guy and she's not gonna wanna bring him to her cop brothers place." Luca winked at me, and I just shook my head.

"Jim I know but regardless of what luca said I need to be a big girl. I can't sit around and rely on you to take care of me. I think you're just worried about Charlie coming to look for me. Which he may but Deke is teaching me a lot of useful stuff. Plus I still have you only a call or text away." He smiled and sighed. Not long after he went to bed, leaving just me and luca so we started talking about party plans. Halfway through luca changed conversations.

"So seriously whats the deal with you and deke? I know there's gotta be more then what you told street." I sighed and glad for a few seconds.

"Fuck! I like him okay. But this stays strictly between you and me. I know I haven't been around for a long time but theres something about him you know?"

"You know he's like 42 right? And you what 25?" God always with an age gap.

"Yea its a 17 year gap. I know that. But it isn't like it matter he prolly only sees me as a little girl anyway. Ive got zero chance." I started writing again. Thinking about the night at the bar when we danced and laughed. The day we had in training, how close we were. Luca decided to crash here so he's on the floor passed out and I'm on the couch. I wonder how long itll take charlie to find me.