I love you

"Luca!  I made food get your ass up!" I yelled from the kitchen. Last night was the first night in the apartment. The team and I all put down a deposit and first-month rent on an apartment for now and surprised Luca with it.  Luca is still looking into the program for houses that aren't in the best neighborhood, but for now, we're good with this. Chris also managed to score Luca a dog since he doesn't like to be alone and we all know I won't be home every night.

"Why so loud?" He walked into the kitchen grabbing a cup of coffee, before sitting at the table.

"Just making sure you get to work on time since I gotta leave. Deke is going to come over later to help me with some of my shit though." He nodded and I grabbed my bag before heading out to make the short drive to the hotel. When I got there it was already busy with the morning shift running around serving breakfast and housekeepers going room to room. I walked into the office behind the desk and of course, I bumped into someone. "I am so so sorry. I should really pay attention to what I'm doing."

"No worries beautiful. Haha. First day?" I looked up and noticed a man about my age, kinda cute but also not my type.

"Yes. That obvious? I'm Cara, the new manager." I held my hand out for him to shake.

"Cara nice to meet you. I'm Kevin I run the morning crew and sometimes the night crew depending on my plans." I smiled as I pulled my hand away from his.

"How long have you been working here?" I asked Kevin as he walked back to the office with me and let me in on some trade secrets of the previous managers.

"Uhhh, let's see I've probably been here about two years almost. What about you Miss Cara? What did you do before this?" I laughed and debated on letting him know I worked at a bar before. Not because I'm ashamed, but because I don't want anyone thinking that I'm not capable of doing my job just because I bartended. But I might as well learn how to open up to the people around me. Deke has done nothing but show me that not everyone is out to hurt or judge you.

"Well, my job right before this was I bartended at this bar, that my brother took me to. He and his SWAT team go there once a week to just relax and when I moved to town I started going and decided why not." I laughed. "Before that, I actually didn't work I was a stay at home um stay-at-home girlfriend. And I know it sounds horrible, But it isn't quite how it sounds" I grimaced.

"No judging here, wanna talk about it?" Kevin asked. But I just shook my head and started looking around to get myself familiar with the surroundings. Kevin chatted with me for a few minutes more before I excused myself to get busy with the day. I was shadowing the manager whose position I was taking up for the first half of the day before they took off. I caught onto the job and my duties really fast and I have to say I am going to love this job. I got to know the staff and they are all some really nice and some odd folks. Around lunchtime, I was in the office when Kevin walked back and looked really nervous. "Um sorry to interrupt boss, but your brother is here.

"Of course he is." I sighed standing up and making my way to the lobby behind Kevin. But when I got there it was not my brother, but Deke! "Deke!!" I ran into his arms. "What are you doing here? Is everything okay?" I asked standing back to look up at him.

"Everything is just fine doll. I just thought I would stop by round lunchtime to make sure you eat." He smiled at me before looking behind me. "Nice to meet you name's Deacon, and I hope this one isn't causing too much trouble." He laughed reaching to shake Kevin's hand.

"Haha no sir, your sister is actually doing really well. Caught onto her job really quickly. My name's Kevin." I laughed and shook my head.

"Noooo no-no, Kevin this isn't my brother, My brother is a childish-looking idiot. This tall glass of water is my boyfriend." Kevin did a double-take and I know why. He nodded apologizing and we just laughed and I told him I was going to go have lunch with Deke. We went to a little cafe across the street and I told him all about how my day was going so far.

"Have you talked to street yet?" I put my drink down and shook my head.

"No. I haven't called him and he hasn't called me. I don't really know what to say to him either. He's mad and he's got every right to feel how he does, I mean those are his feelings. But on the other hand, he doesn't get to treat me like I'm a child and expect me to end the best thing that has happened to me. I get that yes we have only been dating for two months, and things have gone pretty quick in that time, but I have NEVER felt the way I do with you. You make me feel so free and alive. I feel safe even when you arent around. I'm always thinking about you. You do these little things that to me are actually big things. I know you genuinely care and love me like you say you do. And I'll be damned if I let anyone take that from me." I looked up to find Deacon just staring at me. I could feel his eyes burning into mine and it make my heart race. "Why are you looking at me like that? I mean it After everything with you know who I thought I would never find anyone who I would ever be able to give myself to. But with you, I found that." I smiled nervously. Before I could say anything else Deacon was up out of his seat and pulling me into his arms to kiss me.

"Baby I promise you as long as I'm your man and as long as you want me, I will always make sure that you are treated the way that you should be, I don't care who it is. Got that?" I smiled and nodded my head before I realized that people were clapping and smiling at us. I buried my head into Dekes's chest as he motioned for the waiter to bring the check. On the walk back to the hotel Deke started talking about Street again. " I do think you should talk to him. Maybe invite him for dinner or something at my place. Let him see how we are together and maybe that might help ease things a little bit. What do you think?" I just sighed.

"Can I think about it for a few days first? I'm not saying no, I just need to pull myself together first. Street and I have never been like this with each other. But ever since she was released he's been edgier and I also don't think he is used to seeing me stand up for myself." Deke nodded before kissing me and saying goodbye. I went back into the hotel and got back to work. By the end of the day, I had been helping some of the staff with their work because I didn't want to be the manager that just stood or sat around twiddling my thumbs when I could be helping my employees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPER SHORT UPDATE. I AM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO SO LONG AND I PROMISE I AM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO GET THIS DONE MORE OFTEN I AM GOING TO BE SETTING A SCHEDULE THAT ILL POST FOR UPDATES SO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF WHEN TO SEE A NEW CHAPTER. AGAIN SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG THERE HAS JUST BEEN A LOT GOING ON! 

ENJOY AND LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE OR IF YOU CAN GUESS WHAT BIG THING WILL BE NEXT!!