Karen

The last couple weeks have been intense to say the least. Street had to go back undercover into some high-end car theft in order to dismantle a ring he tried to earlier in his career, and that got a little scary, Luca's grandpa died and Luca struggled to deal with the loss, Deke took two to the vest working a thing over a drug cartel. and let me just say  when I found out i was terrified Luca had called and all he could get out was that Deke had gotten shot and my brain blocked out everything else so I left work early and went straight to Dekes. He was gonna have a real nasty bruise but at least I saw for my self he was okay ya know, then he was placed in charge when Streets mom had a friend place a false report on Hondo and it had to be investigated, so Hondo had told street he made a visit to Karen, then of course a prison riot which was terrifying. 

Then there was a thing with a DEA agents kid, and then a couple idiots with cyanide wanted to poison the city but got caught before they could thankfully. My idiot brother violated LA's sanctuary city policy and caused a kid to have to deal with ICE, someone tried to blow Jess up over her plans for police and I got to see buck the man that arrested Karen when she murdered my dad. Mumford told everyone he was getting married after they saved a rich girl from a bunch of kidnappers so that was interesting. I'm close to getting my own place too! I told Luca that we go half together if he wanted since my brother has been acting really weird.

I've also been looking for a better job, I mean it was never my goal to work in the bar forever. I mean don't get me wrong the money is decent and it's a fun place, it just isn't my thing. Plus if I wanna get a place I want to make better money and just be overall more stable. Deke and I have been doing really well too. We haven't gone all the way yet but hopefully we do soon, cause I mean you can cut the sexual tension with a knife.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking home when I saw a sign in front of a hotel that said they were hiring, so I figured that I could go and apply. I was standing in a hall waiting on the guy to come back with the manager when I heard my brother and Luca talking.

"Look, if it has to do with eating your leftovers, don't worry, I was gonna go out and buy some ground beef today." Luca spoke up. I smiled and made my way over to them.

"Funny seeing you two here." I laughed giving my brother a hug. He smiled but I could tell something was up. "You okay?"

"I'm fine but I am uh kinda glad your here since this sorta affects you too." I nodded and waited for him to continue. "Luca, I actually need you to find another place to stay, man."

"For real?" Luca asked before he smiled. "Nah, you're just messing with me."

"You can't be serious street. Why?"

"I'm not messing around. I need you out by the end of the week." Lucas face dropped.

"This week? Dude, you're the one who took me in when I needed a place. Talk about short notice."

"Why are you kicking him out?" I guess this is ignore me day.

"So, what, your girlfriends can kick you out with no warning, but not me?" Why is he being such a d bag?

"That's a low blow, man. You're bringing up a lot of relationship pain for me." Luca countered.

"I'm sorry. It's just Man... I thought you crashing was, like, temporary until you found a place." He hasn't acted like it was a big deal until now. The two of them are damn near connected at the hip.

"But we haven't even finished our Call of Duty campaign. Are we just gonna leave it at 56% complete?" He questioned.

"All right. Straight up I need the place for my mom. She's getting paroled next week, and I got to make space for her." There it is. I cannot believe this..

"I hear you. Got you. Family comes first."

"Thanks, man. You good Kara? What are you doing here anyway?"

"Oh now you hear me. If you need to know I'm waiting to talk to the manager about a job but she needed to go handle something real quick." He nodded. "Sooo I guess this means I gotta go to huh? That why this affects me too?" He furrowed his brows.

"Why would you? We all know that there isn't enough room in my apartment for all four of us. Hell I'm surprised the three of us have been able to go about it so long. But me you and my ma can..." I laughed a little too loud and nodded my head.

"Yea Jim your mom... Not mine. You really think I could live with her after what happened? I may not have lived the way you did with her, but when it came to dad he was never ill twords me and she took him from me! I'll be out by the end of the week too." And with that I walked away and too the front desk to leave a message for the hotel manger. My vision was blurry as I left the building and I wasn't paying attention until I rammed into someone.

"Woah! My bad hun. Wait Kara what up girl? You hurt? Your brother is inside." I heard Tan say. "You want me to take you to him?" I shook my head.

"Hey Tan! Everything okay?" I heard Dekes voice coming up behind us. I turned around and looked up at him. "Kara. Whats wrong." I shrugged. I didn't need everyone knowing what was going on with me it felt to personal.

"Deke could.. Could you please give me a ride?"

"Yea of course. Tan tell Hondo I'll be back at the precinct in 30." He put a hand on my lower back and led me twords his car.

"Kara!" I heard Street yell for me as Deke opened the passenger door. "Kara where are you going can we just talk?" I just shook my head and got in the car and locked the door. I heard Deke talking to my brother before he walked around and got in the drivers seat.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked as he started his car. I shook my head. "Am I taking you home?"

"Can I sit at your place for a bit please? I know that you need to get back to work but I just don't wanna be there right now and it's the first place he's gonna look. Can you just tell him you dropped me at a friends place and I'll call him later."

"You know you don't have to ask." He smiled before heading in the direction of his place.

"He's kicking us out."

"What! I mean I get with Luca but you're his sister. Why would he do that?"

"Well he said I could stay but Luca has to go because Karen needs a place to stay when she is paroled out at the end of the week. I can't stay there with her. I won't. When I get paid I'm gonna take what I have saved and get a dinky little apartment or something with Luca that way we both have a roof since street doesn't seem to care about him." I sighed. "Are you okay with that? I mean you're my boyfriend so I mean I guess I should make sure you're okay with me living with another guy alone before I do it huh?"

"Kara shut up." He laughed and grabbed my hand. "If you and Luca want to get something then it's fine. I trust him and you and honestly if you aren't gonna be with me or your brother I'll feel better if you're with someone I know can keep you safe. Okay?" I nodded and Deke dropped me off at his place before heading back into work. I had to turn my phone off because Jim kept calling and I just couldn't deal with all of it. I ended up falling asleep on the couch, but when I woke up I was in Dekes bed with his arms wrapped around me. I laid there for awhile and when I started to get up Deke spoke.

"Streets worried about you." I groaned and fell back on the bed.

"I wouldn't know my phones off cause he wouldn't stop calling. I'll call him in the morning. Right now I wanna go pee and get back in bed with you." He laughed.

"Go. But before you get in the bed you're gonna call him okay?" I just walked off to the bathroom. By the time I came out it looked like he was asleep so I got right back in the bed. "You're lucky I just want you in my arms woman. Go see him tomorrow." I nodded and cuddled deeper into his chest. Things are about to get really interesting with Karen getting out. I just hope she isn't gonna screw my brother over... But knowing how manipulative she can be I don't doubt for a second that she will.