Hey Brother

Im finally free. Free of the monster I called a boyfriend. I'm free of being controlled, abused, kicked when I'm down. Ive been cut off from everyone but those he called friends. And now I've got only one person to go to. My big brother. Hes a cop, but apparently not just any cop when I showed up to the precinct he worked for they told me he was transferred to S.W.A.T; so now here I am sitting outside their headquarters trying to force myself to just go in and look for my big brother.

I waited a good hour before i got up to go inside. When I walked in I spoke to a guy in the lobby who told me id be able to find James in the training area; and he pointed me in the right direction. When I walked in, there were quite a few people going about their days; but one group caught my eye. In a ring was two men sparing, one was blonde with a woman beater on and a goofy smile and the other... i mean hot damn. He was obviously older maybe late thirties early fourties, but so hot with just the right amount of grey in his hair and beard that definitely looks good on him. Not to mention he had the body of a god in my opinion.

I stood by watching as they continued to spar, the younger man ended up tapping. They slowly climed out of the ring letting a woman and a darker skinned dude in next, but my eyes drifted following the older man. My thoughts however were interrupted by the blonde guy yelling out to me.

"Hey there gorgeous. You need somethin? My number maybe?" I looked down this guy is super forward. He started to say something until he was stopped by the sexy older one.

"Luca dont harass the girl. What can we help you with sweetheart. Civilians arent really supposed to be back here." He had these gentle brown eyes and he puts off this dominant yet gentlemanly vibe. Holy hell.

"I uh im sorry the guy in the lobby said I could come back here to wait for my brother since hes on S.W.A.T. But i'll uh i'll just go wait outside. Sorry." I dont know why its so hard to talk to this guy. I turned on my heels to leave, but he reached out and grabbed my arm just a little too fast. I let out an involuntary yelp. Thats when he noticed the marks on my face.

"Sorry i didnt mean to scare you. You okay? Can I help you with anything."

"Um its uh its okay. I just need to find my brother."

"Alright well tell me his name and ill see if I can find him for ya. You know who his superior is?" I shook my head and he pointed to a chair. "Have a seat and tell me your brothers name." He smiled down at me.

"Uh its James."

"Last name sweetheart?" I started to give an answer until I heard my name get called from across the room.

"Kara?!" I jumped from my seat seeing my brother and sprinted to him. I hugged him tight not wanting to let go.

"Hey brother."

"God I've missed you. Where have you been? I thought I was never gonna see you again." I started crying and I guess that was a red flag, cause after a few seconds he pulled back and then he noticed the condition of my face. "What the hell happened to you?! Did the prick put his hands on you!?" I started crying again before I went into explaining everything. From the first time he hit me to just this last time. "Fuck Kara why didn't you call me I woulda came and got you. Where are you staying?" I looked up at him before I shook my head.

"Nowhere I dont have anywhere. Charlie took everything I had. My phone, the car, everything. After he hit me the first time I threatened to call you and he didnt like that so he broke my phone and locked me in our room. After a few more chances at getting away I just gave up. But last night I ditched the hospital and came straight here id been there for two weeks. He had came by to find out when id be discharged then left to go grab food before hand and I left before he got back thanks to a nurse."

I stayed quiet for a minute to let my big brother process everything. I chanced a look up twords the rest of the people and I guess they have all kinda gravitated twords us. I looked around my eyes meeting brown, he gave me a small smile.

"You need anything sweetheart? Water? Food?" The older man asked stepping a little closer as I shook my head no. I could almost feel his eyes searching through my soul. "Well this dumbass is Luca, our girl here is Chris, the funny lookin one is Hondo, that's Tan and my names David. They call me Deacon." He said as he pointed down the line. I smiled at him and grabed the hand he extended.

"Kara. Kara Street nice to meet you guys." I looked back to my brother. "So S.W.A.T huh?"

"Yea P.D just couldn't handle the crazy with in I guess. But it was actually Buck that got me here." I smiled and looked down. Buck was one of the cops that responded when James' mom killed our father.

"That was sweet of him. He called me way back to check in, but Charlie answered and told him he had the wrong number. Hows he doing?"

"He was actually let go due to some shit gone south. Hes doing well though."

"So I gotta ask. Thought you didn't have any siblings man. Let alone any good lookin ones. I man honestly girl how are you related the this mug?" The one named Hondo asked. I laughed and Street flipped him off.

"We uh shared the same dad. My mom just passed about two years ago." I stated. My dad beat James's mom never mine which I always found odd but never thought odd enough to question it.

"He went back and fourth between our moms though always leaving one for the other. I was product of a temporary "separation" between his mom and our dad."

"Alright enough downer talk. Seriously lets get you some food and you can hang back here until I'm off." I nodded my head and got up to follow him. Im hoping that things take a turn for the better now that I'm able to start living again. Starting with having my brother and maybe even his friends teach me to defend myself.

The rest of the night was spent catching up with jim, laughing with him and his friends and stealing glances at a certain hottie. I know he would never be interested in ne like that but I can still look. Right.