˚ʚ♡ɞ˚Overthinking˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧˚₊‧꒰ა ☆

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

The birds chirped as the evening's backdrop set in, Vikram looked outside the window. He couldn't sleep in the afternoon due to the worries that today had caused him.

A few of them were Aryan being in his class, not for days, not weeks but a whole year being in the same class as him. Another was Mr. Rathi, getting taught by him the previous year wasn't preferable but here he was again, traumatizing the class and some new students as well.

But the one issue that troubled him the most was Tara's unusual behaviour towards him and how she avoided him. Board exams aren't that close either, so why'd she mention them? Kabir could be right about the 50/50 chances of her ignorance towards him. She'd usually tell him right away about her worries and concerns, but her aura didn't sit right with him.

Would the days all go the same? Will she continue ignoring me? Do I have to confront her?Thoughts, several more thoughts rummaged across his mind, giving him a godforsaken migraine.

"Vicky!!" Vikram's thoughts were dismissed as his mother called him downstairs. Her voice was sharp and stern, he could hear his little brother babbling, too.

"Haan?", he answered and what reply did he get? silence, he knew that if the answer was silence, he'd need to get downstairs, that's the universal truth of all mothers and you can't slip that into past tense.

He groaned as he got up, stretching his arms and legs before walking downstairs, the stairs creaking because of the weight he put on them, but this weight was nothing if compared to the weight of his thoughts heaving his mind.

"What is it, ma?", he asked as he reached the living room where his mom was sitting on the couch, watching the TV. "Pass me the remote,beta," she stated simply, Vikram wasn't surprised, it wasn't the first time that his mother would call him to come downstairs just to pass her the remote that lay on the table centimetres away from her. He wouldn't even be amused if his mom called him even if he's kilometres away from the house.

Vikram rolled his eyes and handed over the remote, then glanced over at the program displayed on the television. "Saath Nibhana Saathiya? Really? It's been airing for the 5th time since the lockdown and before and you're still not bored watching it." He complained as he sat down beside her. "It's my favourite soap opera after Madam Sir, it's just like how you always warm up to that weird song and still not get bored of doing so." His mother shrugged as she increased the volume from the remote. "Fair point." Vikram declared dramatically as he dismissively waved his hand.

A few moments later, Vikram could be heard yelling from the other side of the room where Saurabh, his younger brother was playing Roblox Obby. Don't ask why he plays Roblox, Vikram snapped at him real bad when he played an online match of BGMI from Vikram's account, without his permission and lost the match. "WHY THE HELL IS SHE WASHING THE LAPTOP WITH SOAP?!" Vikram yelled, flabbergasted. Though he watched this scene multiple times as a child, he still got agitated by this scene. Which one? That one with Gopi Bahu washing the laptop with dish soap and hanging it like clothes on a summer day. She took deep cleaning literally, that's what Vikram thought about it over the years but this scene was still absurd and a little funny in some way or another.

Vikram's mother switched the TV off as she got up, his father would be coming back soon from work so she went into the kitchen to make dinner for the four of them.

His family sat down to eat in the dining room. Saurabh was the first to ramble about his day at school. For him, the school stood for 'sincerity, capacity, honesty, orderliness, obedience and learning' while for Vikram it stood for 'six cruel hours of our lives'. "... And that's all we did, we even got to play in the school's ground on the first day!" Saurabh exclaimed, their father taking note of his cheery attitude, but when he took a glimpse of Vikram's gloomy expression, he became slightly concerned over his son's behaviour,, "Is anything bothering you? Don't tell me you got punished on the first day?" Vikram's father asked, his voice gruff but with a hint of softness in it. Vikram fidgeted with the spoon in his hand, "Nothing much papa, just a mood off," Vikram replied, his voice monotonous. Vikram's father looked over at his mother, giving her a look as if asking if she scolded or yelled at him. She shook her head 'no', and then he looked towards Saurabh, giving him a stern look, the look asking the same question, Saurabh raised his hands in surrender. "Hmm... Alright then." Then they all resumed eating their food.

After dinner, Vikram put the dishes in the sink, helping his mother. After everyone got into their rooms to sleep, he lay in the bed, still overthinking about Tara and her obliviousness towards him.

Vikram dozed off to sleep after imagining scenarios about what would happen and not.

The alarm rang again, it was morning. The first day went morbid, what can you expect from other sunrises? To go morbid as well.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹˚

A/N: Hey everyone back with another chapter, I got lazy with the ending part so it looks rushed, it's because I wrote the first part weeks ago and needed to finish it before my exams start (I mean I already went through my GK and computer exams but they don't rlly matter and don't count as the main subjects💀) and I have my Hindi from Tuesday so I'll try making it through my exams and upload another chapter right after they're over. So this is it for chapter 4 of GRACE'S FUSION (I actually love writing in uppercase lol), and wish me luck and Lucky to prepare for my exams beforehand but the syllabus is still long IDK how I'll learn all that. Anyways, until we meet again ₊˚.🎧⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧