Ayana

"Where the fuck is Nie Ming Jue?" Zhan exclaimed in frustration, his voice reverberating through the living room.

Language. Nie Huai Sang sighed. As he looked up, he saw Zhan and immediately clasped his lips together. I'm sorry, he mumbled.

Zhan walked towards Nie Huai Sang, and before he could reach him, he fell to his knees and cried out. Please forgive me, I didn't know it was you. My grandfather came in two days ago and we were looking for you.

"Ming Jue!" Zhan shouted, and the old man ran out of his room. "Crown prince," he said, not believing his eyes. "I'm sorry I took so long." he bowed, overwhelmed with emotions. "I'm so happy to see you," Nie Ming Jue whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Where is my brother?" Zhan asked, looking around. His voice echoed in the room, and Nie Huai Sang's heart sank. "I don't know," he replied, his voice filled with worry.

I could not find him. Ming Jue whispered.

What does that mean? Zhan asked, raising his eyebrows.

Zhan, someone called his name.

Startled, Zhan turned to see a woman staring at him. She had a smile in her eyes. "You have a bloody witch and you can't find my brother," Zhan hissed, his voice laced with anger.

"I understand your frustration, but please believe me when I say that I have exhausted every avenue to find your brother," she replied, her voice filled with sincerity.

Zhan hissed, his anger intensifying. "She is useless then!" he spat. "Bring me someone who can actually provide answers or torture her." Witches need motivation. When she's on the verge of death, her ancestors will tell her what to do. Zhan commanded.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that," Nie Ming Jue said, bowing respectfully.

"Maybe I should do it then," Zhan sneered, his eyes gleaming with sadistic delight.

How would you feel if someone tortured your mate? Nie Huai Sang asked, stepping back.

"I will wipe out their entire generations," Zhan said, turning to face Nie Huai Sang, his voice dripping with venom. "They would regret crossing me, just as their ancestors will regret their existence."

"She is your brother's wife. I'm sure he would feel the same way," Sang replied, his voice filled with empathy. "But resorting to violence and torture will not bring him back. Let's work together and find a solution that doesn't involve further harm."

"The fool married a witch, after everything those witches did to our family. I can't believe he would betray us like this," Zhan said, shocked and disappointed.

"I understand your feelings of betrayal, but your brother trusted me with his life," the lady replied, her voice filled with regret. "I know it's difficult to accept, but I assure you I will do everything in my power to bring him back safely."

I wouldn't trust you with my cows, let alone my life. No wonder he ended up missing. Zhan growled. find him or help me goddess, I will kill you with my bare hands.

"I know it may be difficult to believe, but your brother entrusted me with this," the lady said, giving Zhan a green box with a gold cover. "I have worked tirelessly to find him. Please, give me a chance to prove my loyalty and dedication to your family."

"This dagger is the only thing that can kill us. "How could he trust you with something so dangerous?" Zhan asked, his eyes widening in disbelief.