8

Her face lit up with delight when we entered the dungeon, as if it held a special kind of joy for her.

"How fascinating!" she exclaimed, her smile widening. The dimly lit dungeon held a mysterious allure, its walls adorned with ancient symbols and its air heavy. "I swear, every time we went there, there was nothing on the wall," Meng Ziyi said, her voice laced with skepticism.

"This is where my locator spells stop working," I said to Ayana, my voice filled with frustration. Whatever magic or enchantment protected this dungeon also rendered my magical abilities useless.

Ayana put her hands on the wall and walked in. Cheng and I followed her. The moment we entered, a chilling breeze engulfed us, and we noticed the candles in the room flickering with an eerie, otherworldly glow that never seemed to diminish.

Ayana lifted the lid of the coffin and there you were, lying with a knife in your chest. Cheng tried to remove it but couldn't hold the knife. I also tried but couldn't.

What is happening? I asked Ayana. She smiled and looked at you like you were a trophy. "Let the sleeping dog lie," Ayana said, her voice cold.

What do you mean? Cheng asked, confused.

"I mean, some secrets are best left buried, and disturbing them can have dire consequences." Ayana replied cryptically, her eyes gleaming with satisfaction and mischief.

"Please," I said pitifully, looking at Ayana with desperation, "we can't leave him like this. What should we do?" Ayana's smile widened as she reveled in her power over us. "Well," she said, her voice dripping with wickedness, "sometimes the best solution is to play along and see where the game takes you."

You think this is a game? Cheng growled at Ayana, asserting his authority.

Ayana responded with a sharp hiss, her voice filled with resentment. "Don't raise your voice at me, pup," her tone commanding and demanding respect.

Ayana then tried to explain her actions. "I put him here to save his life," she said, her voice carrying a hint of anger. "You should thank me. They would have killed him a long time ago."

Ayana's words held some weight, and judging by the serious expression on her face, she was not lying. It felt like a witchy instinct deep within her, hinting of a hidden truth.

Is this a Phoenix stone? I asked Ayana, pointing to the knife on your chest.  

"Yes, it is," Ayana confirmed, her voice stern. "The Phoenix stone is a rare and powerful artifact that holds immense magical abilities. It is said to possess the ability to grant immortality, but at a great cost. Legends speak of its dark history and the dangers it brings to those who possess it."

I wonder where they got it from.Cheng said.

The Phoenix Stone belonged to the Duan Dan family for generations," Ayana replied, her voice filled with reverence.

Duan Dan family? Cheng asked shocked. Zhan was supposed to marry Ru Dan before this whole thing happened.

Ayana giggled, her eyes gleaming mischievously. then made a chilling statement. "He will wake up when the time is right," she said, her voice dripping with a sinister tone.

Ayana's smile grew even more twisted as she revealed another aspect of the plan. "Something or someone will remove the knife," she said, her voice holding a hint of anticipation.