23

Zhan enters the room and removes his bathrobe, then walks into the bathroom carrying the wine bottle and the 2 glasses. Wang is still sitting in the water but his head rests on the bathtub edge.

"Hey, Wang," Zhan says as he drops a glass cup and pours wine into the other.

Wang doesn't respond to Zhan's greeting. He stares at nothing. Zhan approaches Wang and drops the glass beside the bathtub and says, "Drink this." He then pours wine for himself.

Zhan realizes that the water in the bathtub is too cold for a comfortable soak and Wang has been sitting in it like that. He quickly drains the water and turns on the tap, adjusting it to a warm temperature. As the water begins to fill the tub, he adds the same fragrant herb he had used before, infusing the steam with a soothing aroma.

Zhan settles into the warm water and notices that Wang hasn't touched the wine. He decides to speak again, hoping to draw Wang out of his stupor. "Wang," he says, his voice gentle, "are you alright?"

Wang finally looks up, his eyes filled with a mix of exhaustion and sadness. "I'm fine," he replies, his voice barely above a whisper. "Just tired."

Zhan nods in understanding, then changes the subject. "I brought you some wine," he says, motioning towards the glasses. "Thought it might help us relax."

Wang glances at the wine and then back at Zhan. "Thanks," he says, his voice still dull. "But I don't think I can drink right now."

Zhan frowns, concern evident on his face. "Come on, Wang," he insists, his voice filled with genuine care. "Just a sip. I promise it'll help you feel better."

With no intention of arguing, Wang takes the glass and drinks the wine all at once. He then silently hands Zhan the empty glass.

"More?" Zhan asks. Wang doesn't respond, Zhan refills the glass every time until they both finish the bottle.

"I'm so sorry," Zhan says softly as he moves closer to Wang. He gently carries him on his lap, and Wang rests his head on Zhan's shoulder. Zhan wraps his arms around Wang, holding him close and offering comfort in his embrace. They sit in silence, their breathing filling the room as Zhan holds Wang.

Wang Surprising felt better after drinking the wine. His inside no longer throbbed, allowing him some relief from his earlier discomfort. The effects of the alcohol seemed to melt away any pain or tension that had been bothering him, leaving him feeling more relaxed and at ease.

"My love, I'm sorry," Zhan says again, his voice filled with remorse. "Please, let me make it right." Wang hisses at him, his eyes filled with anger and pain. "Stop talking," he whispers, his voice laced with bitterness.

Zhan raises an eyebrow but lets it go. He knows that people need space to process their emotions. He settles back into the bathtub, closing his eyes and letting the warm water soothe his tense muscles as he holds his mate.

Time passes in silence, with only the sound of water cascading into the tub breaking the stillness. Zhan's mind wanders, thinking about how incredible sexy his mate is and he moves to turn off the tap. As the water flow comes to a halt, Zhan can't help but admire the way the droplets glisten on Wang's skin, accentuating every curve and contour. The sight fills him with a renewed desire, and he leans in to press his lips against Wang's, igniting a passionate fire between them.