17

Hello brother, the person said, and Zhan stood up to hug him.

Are we done? He asked.

No, Zhan grinned.

Leave Uncle for me. He narrowed his eyes.

All yours, Zhan said, and they were gone.

All they heard was screams and blood choking sounds. And the hall was suddenly filled with chaos. The screams and blood-choking sounds grew louder, echoing through the air, leaving everyone in shock and horror. When they finally returned, the scene before them was devastating. Half of the hall was now filled with dead bodies. Blood stained the floor, and the air was heavy with the scent of death.

Hello, someone said suddenly behind Wang. He turned around, his heart pounding in his chest, and nearly fell from his seat in shock. His grandma quickly reached out and steadied him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," the man said, his voice calm amidst the chaos. "My name is Cheng. My brother said you were his mate." He smiled, revealing blood-stained teeth, as his eyes bore into Wang's. 

"When did they have time to talk about me when they were busy killing people?" Wang though.

"Hey mate," Zhan said, grinning. "This is my brother, Cheng." As they stood there, blood dripping from their bodies, a sense of unease washed over Wang.

"Hey," Wang replied timidly, his voice trembling. "I'm Wang. Nice to meet you." he faked a smile, trying to hide his fear and unease as he shook Cheng's blood-stained hand.

"We will be right back," Zhan said, and whoosh, they disappeared like a breeze.

As Wang watched Zhan and Cheng vanish, a sinking feeling settled in the pit of his stomach. "I'm doomed," Wang thought. "This family is crazy and unpredictable. Why did the goddess pair me with this loon family?" Wang couldn't shake off the horrifying image of Zhan and Cheng effortlessly taking lives, as if they were slaughtering chickens. The reality of being connected to a family of killers was sinking in, and Wang couldn't help but feel a sense of impending doom.

As screams and footsteps filled the hall, Wang's mind raced with thoughts of escape. He knew that running away with his grandma and Xie was his only chance at survival. The gruesome scene before him served as a stark reminder of the darkness lurking within his newfound family, and Wang was determined to protect himself at all costs.

People rushed in with uniforms, some took the dead bodies out, some cleaned while others sprayed the room, and the scent of blood vanished into thin air. The hall slowly transformed from a scene of devastation to an eerie calmness, yet Wang's unease remained.

Zhan returned and sat beside Wang. Cheng settled into Meng's chair. Nie Hau Sang, who had witnessed the horrifying event, left with a look of sheer terror on his face. Zhan and Cheng looked remarkably calm and clean, as if they hadn't just been involved in a gruesome and violent act.

"Sorry you had to see that," Cheng apologized, his voice filled with genuine remorse. Wang forced a smile and nodded, trying to maintain a sense of normalcy despite the lingering dread in his heart.