Chapter 11

P.O.V. King Lucien

I shifted into human form once I entered the front doors of my palace and headed straight for my bedroom in search of that invitation I received for the mating event.

As usual servants bowed or hid out of sight as I walked through my halls.

I now understand why the smell of that invitation was so intoxicating, it had her scent on it.

Knowing it's her scent has my cock swelling, I pick up my pace eager to smell her scent once more. For now it's the closest thing I have to her, till I see her in person, in my arms where I could smell and taste every inch of her.

"Need some company my king?" ... a sultry voice I know well calls from down the hall, behind me. I stop and slightly turn to confirm what I already knew.

Rae, my last lover and Max's younger sister, who helps him run certain areas of my kingdom.

My cock throbs demanding for a release.

Rae's eyes roam down my naked body lingering on my cock. Despite being covered in dried blood and dirt, her green eyes darken with desire.

Her waist length golden hair sways just as her hips do, as she walks towards me. Her black heels click the tile floor, my eyes roam her body, her little black dress showing every curve. She was always beautiful, it's why I wanted her as a lover all those years ago.

For a moment I consider having a quick fuck with Rae, she's rather passionate in bed. I have no doubt she'd get the job done.

Her hands reach out to touch my chest, but before she makes contact I remember why my cock throbs and it's not for her, it's for my newly discovered mate.

In an instant my hand reaches out and snatches her wrist mid air right before her fingertips make contact with my skin. Her eyes pierced mine with a glare but I didn't miss the flash of hurt within those green eyes.

"No"... I say with a low growl, releasing her hand as I turn back eager once more to find that blasted invitation. I hear the click of her tongue as she storms back down the hall.

Once in my bedroom, my eyes find my dark blue robe laid neatly on my bed, my hands make quick work searching both pockets. I growl annoyed, it's not here.

"Where the fuck is it?".. I sniff the air and within minutes I find it in the top drawer of my desk.

I carefully held the invitation, inhaling as much of her scent as I could from the paper. Thank fuck I'm alone in my room, I'm more than sure I look fucking stupid right now.

I close my eyes imagining her silhouette from all my dreams as I inhale her scent over and over. My cock throbs painfully, liquid already protruding from my tip. My hand firmly grabs my cock as I run my hand up and down my shaft. I groan out loud, wishing I had her hands instead.

Her scent alone drives me to move my hand faster, my hips begin to thrust into my hand. I want her, I want my mate, I need her.

My lower stomach curls and my balls tighten, I can't hold back any longer.

"Fuuuckkk"... a mixture of moans and growls sound throughout my room as I finally find my release.

I stand there for a moment to catch my breath before I walk over placing her scent under my pillow for later and quickly clean up my mess before finally heading to the shower.

I catch my reflection in the bathroom mirror and stop in my tracks. I've never been one to be insecure or care about my appearance. But as I take the time to actually look at myself, covered in dry blood and dirt, which is fairly normal for me. My black hair reaches just past my shoulders in light waves, my golden hazel eyes look eerie in the shadows, my face looks hard as stone, a permanent scowl. I'm not sure if I even know how to smile properly. The more I stare at myself, the more I find myself wondering how my mate will react to me, will she even like what she sees? Or will I look like a monster in her eyes?..