Chapter 49

Someone got sent to Xi'an by my own smashing?

Xiong Hei pondered for a moment: his punches were heavy, like wielding a big hammer. Over the years, many had felt the weight of his blows.

"Last night's incident?"

Was it just a coincidence?

Xiong Hei felt astonished and a bit elated: when he didn't unleash his fury, everything was fine, but once he did, did he go berserk?

In his earpiece, Lin Xirou's voice sounded confident: "Impossible."

Xiong Hei raised his gun: "Mocking me, huh? You think I won't retaliate?"

Jiang Baichuan's initial struggle against the pain had subsided, replaced by a complete stillness, as if by remaining absolutely motionless, he could momentarily pause the agony. He murmured weakly, "It's true, Feng Dao (Crazy Knife) usually operates alongside Kuang Guan (Crazy Dog). Last night, they were together. That blind man, Xing Shen, and the other one, Nie... Nie Er..." As he spoke, his voice grew weaker, until finally, there was no sound at all.

Xiong Hei nudged his chin with his foot and reported to Lin Xirou, "The old man passed out from the pain, lacking willpower."

Lin Xirou remained silent.

Xiong Hei offered his insight, "Sister Lin, I think what he said might be true. People say wealth doesn't last three generations, and even the emperor who founds a nation ends up with nothing. These so-called descendants of the Guantou Army might have been formidable in ancient times, but now... what Kuang Guan (Crazy Dog)? Just a useless dog. Last night, I almost ran him over with my car..." As he spoke, he felt regret in his heart: if it weren't for the trouble caused by Yan Tuo last night, forcing him to leave, he could have easily taken care of both the Feng Dao (Crazy Knife) and the Kuang Guan (Crazy Dog).

Lin Xirou pondered for a moment, "It does seem too coincidental."

However, at present, these so-called descendants of the Guantou Army didn't seem to pose much of a threat.

Xiong Hei continued confidently, "There are no coincidences in books. I can't believe that blind man turned out to be the Kuang Guan (Crazy Dog). Good grief, is the dog breed extinct? Can't they find one with all four limbs intact?"

Lin Xirou retorted impatiently, "You don't understand, so stop making noise. Each of the five senses requires a portion of one's energy. There are gains and losses; if one sense is lost, the other four will correspondingly improve. Kuang Guan (Crazy Dog) being blind is not surprising at all—if any of you had a scent, he would have sniffed you out long ago."

Xiong Hei grumbled and then asked, "So... Sister Lin, what should we do with these people? There are seven or eight of them. Is it too much to tie them all up?"

Although he had committed numerous crimes over the years, they were usually isolated incidents involving one or two people. Handling seven or eight at once was a bit daunting.

Lin Xirou replied, "First, take them all to the farm, separate them, and question them individually. I need to see this Jiang Baichuan. Clean up the area, collect their belongings, especially their phones. Also, it's best to leave two people there to see if anyone else comes knocking."

After hanging up the phone, Xiong Hei felt like he had fought a good battle, feeling refreshed. He looked around and felt like he was forgetting something. Then, he remembered the blind man. "He hasn't been caught yet? What a bunch of useless people!"

***

In the middle of the night, Yan Tuo woke up to the noise outside, doors opening and closing, footsteps echoing, and people screaming in pain, interspersed with Xiong Hei's angry reprimands: "What are you screaming for? We have a doctor here, don't we? Lu Xian, if he keeps yelling, just sew his mouth shut!"