Chapter 72

Nie Jiuluo's first action upon turning on her phone was to contact Xing Shen. However, she couldn't reach him as his phone was turned off.

This didn't surprise her. Xing Shen was a cautious individual. When they parted ways before, he had mentioned the need to notify the others to make early preparations. These preparations likely involved changing hideouts or switching off their phones and getting new numbers.

This is a bit of a problem. Besides Jiang Baichuan and Xing Shen, she didn't know anyone else on Ban Ya's side.

Nie Jiuluo hesitated for a moment, then opened Weibo and posted a message.

In the sound of dogs barking and water flowing, the peach blossoms are lush with dew.

As an art blogger, her followers were less active than those of internet celebrities, but she still had hundreds of thousands of fans. A starved camel is still bigger than a horse, and soon, the comments started piling up under her post.

Don't Like Garlic Green Onion: Ahhh, what did I just see? Peach blossoms! Is the big shot hinting at something?

Fifty Kilos of Moon: I suspect I've been fed a handful of dog food.

Real Sugarcane: For those above who don't understand, just Baidu it. This is clearly a poem by Li Bai, Visiting the Taoist on Dai Tian Mountain but Not Meeting Him.
(note: baidu is Chinese Google)

She didn't expect the poem to be identified so quickly, and Nie Jiuluo felt a pang of melancholy.

It was indeed Visiting the Taoist on Dai Tian Mountain but Not Meeting Him.

She was only seventeen then, during the summer vacation of her second year in high school, when she went to Jiang Baichuan's place for a special training tailored for her and met Xing Shen.

Teenagers, just beginning to understand love, fell in love at first sight.

Looking back, love at first sight is really about luck. Just liking a face and hoping that the person underneath will have compatible character, values, personality, and interests is a dream and a fantasy.

Faced with the pressure of entering her final year of high school, her study materials piled up like a mountain, including various ancient poems.

One day, she came across this poem by Li Bai. As she read, her heart pounded, feeling that fate had brought them together. Wasn't this poem about her and Xing Shen?

In the sound of dogs barking and water flowing — Xing Shen just happened to belong to the Gou (dog) family.

The peach blossoms are lush with dew — wasn't this hinting at the budding feelings between them?

When the forest is deep, you occasionally see deer (lín shēn shí jiàn lù)— it contains the word Shen from Xing Shen's name.

At noon by the creek, no bells can be heard (xī wǔ bù wén zhōng) — Xi, similar in sound to her name, referred to herself.

Because of this, she felt a special kinship with Li Bai. Ever since then, whenever there was a debate between the fans of Li Bai and Du Fu, she stood firmly by the side of the Poet Immortal.

After her relationship with Xing Shen became clear, she even recited this poem to him, telling him to remember it because it was our poem and might be recited at their wedding or funeral someday.

Now that she had lost contact, she could only use this subtle way to reach out, hoping Xing Shen would see it soon and get in touch with her.

Of course, she also hoped he wouldn't overthink it.