5

"keep going

"keep going."

"you can do better than that."

"you've gotten sloppy."

"i didn't train you for you to be like this."

"more."

"keep going."

these comments that were slightly dirty came from my coach when she came over for her daily visit. she left around an hour ago, i think, and i haven't taken a break since. i knew it wasn't good for me, but i didn't want to stop.

the rink had emptied out and it was just me on the ice which was good because it meant i didn't have to worry about knocking into anyone. i could do laps and my routine with the whole rink to myself.

i even turned the music all the way up and fully let myself focus on myself and my skating. i could stay here all night if i wanted to, but i knew my body wouldn't be able to handle it.

i didn't know how long i skated for, but i was completely immersed in my skating until i noticed i started getting messy. sloppy, like my coach said. my turns weren't perfect or graceful. i was on the brink of falling and i knew i wasn't looking graceful.

but i kept pushing myself to go further until i could get the perfect landing. it wasn't until i landed and fell on my ass and legs did i finally let myself take a break. not to mention i fell on my bruise and that still hurt when i put pressure on it.

i stayed sitting in the middle of the ice rink, recovering from my fall. i wanted to get back up and keep practicing, but i didn't. the music was still blasting at full volume and i was starting to wish i put actual songs on instead of instrumental music.

the sudden sound of something banging against the ice made me look up and i was surprised to see iwaizumi there. he had his hockey stick in his hand and once he caught my attention, he walked over and turned the music down.

"hey stranger." he said once the music was down and his deep voice echoed around the rink.

"stranger is your name." i didn't get up from the ice and iwaizumi seemed to realize that.

"you okay?" he put his hockey stick down and opened door to the rink. i was more surprised to see that he already had his skates.

"how long have you been here?" i questioned and watched as iwaizumi skated over towards me. "please don't slice me." i bought my legs up to my chest when he came closer to me.

"i'm not going to slice you." he held his hand out for me. "come on, get up."

"i can't. legs are like jello now." i admitted and i wasn't really lying. sitting down after skating around for hours made me feel like i was sitting on the best mattress in the world.

"come on. let's not get this morning's conversation turned into real life." he moved behind me and grabbed me under my armpits and started to lift me up, but i jerked out of his hold.