13

fuck

fuck.

me.

what the hell did i do?

my mind was always in shambles whenever iwaizumi was around and i couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. he took my mind off skating. still no idea if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

but i just told him words that insinuated that he could make a move on me. he could kiss me right here. the amount of time i've spent on imagining what kissing iwaizumi would be like.

and he just made it a reality.

his hand moved up to my waist in a second and his lips were on mine. i didn't react at first because of pure shock running through me.

he was kissing me. he was kissing me and i liked it. maybe more than liked it.

iwaizumi's hand squeezed my waist and he pulled me closer to him, making me snap out of my shock. my arms went onto his shoulders and i started to kiss him back.

i've kissed plenty of guys in my past, but kissing him was different. as silly at it sounded, his kiss felt like it had more meaning and more feeling behind it.

"iwaizumi." my thoughts would always end up being the death of me. he must've heard that my tone wasn't flirty and sounded serious. he pulled back and looked down at me, his eyes scanning my face.

his entire body seemed to be relaxed when he saw that i was just looking at him and his hand stayed resting on my waist. "what's wrong?" he asked and rubbed his hand lightly up and down.

"i can't do relationships." i decided to let it all out now. it didn't want to- couldn't lead him on. he deserved better than that. i'd rather let him go than use him as a fling. i wasn't heartless.

what he said about me was right. i acted mean and annoyed toward him, but i loved having him around. it was nice to have someone to talk to that didn't expect anything in return. and yeah, maybe i did have a guard up but that's besides the point.

"that's okay." he surprised me by saying that i nearly lost my balance. "i don't mind."

"what?"

"i don't mind." he repeated. "you don't want a relationship, it's alright. you want kisses? i'll give you kisses. you wanna make out in the closet. i'm down." he said like this was the easiest thing in the world.

he had me staring at him with my mouth open which probably made me look stupid. "you.. you don't mind it?"

"i don't mind it."

"but, im not going to be your girlfriend or anything." i made it clear to him just in case he didn't know what i meant by my words ten seconds ago.

"i wasn't asking you to." he replied smoothly. "unless you want to because i just want you. we can be casual friends who share a kiss every now and then."

"even if i don't want to be your girlfriend?" deep down, a part of my mind knew that thought wasn't true. but i wasn't ready and didn't have it in me to admit that. not even to myself.

"you will one day." he said confidently that made me raise my eyebrows up in surprise.

"what makes you so sure?" i asked and returned my arms around his neck. that move was returned by iwaizumi's arms around my waist right above my ass.

"i just know." we made eye contact and i could see a look in his eyes that showed that he wanted to kiss me again. "one rule." his voice turning serious.

"yeah?"

"no kissing anyone else." he pulled me close. "i want to be the only one, even if we aren't dating. i won't kiss anyone else if you don't. i don't want to have to share your kisses now that i know what they're like."

"no kissing anyone else." i nodded in agreement. that rule made us seem exclusive and dating, but we weren't. i liked that rule. "like you said, we're just causal friends who kiss."

"best friends who kiss." he tried to sneak in and i saw him smile, waiting for my reaction.

"nice try, but keep dreaming." i said before gently pulling him back down to my lips. he instantly covered my mouth with his once more and i lost myself in the feeling of his kiss.

"i don't need to keep dreaming." he said against my lips. when he spoke, he barely moved his lips off mine. like he was hungry- desperate for this kiss. "my dream already came true. i'm kissing you."

i didn't know how to respond, so i kissed him harder. he had me pinned between the table and his body. his muscular, strong, hard, body.

i could not stop thinking about what he looked like underneath. i let my imagination wander while i let one of my hands trail down his chest and rest on his toned stomach.

above his clothes of course.

my hands were holding onto my waist like i was going to slip out of his hold at any second. his lips were moving on mine and my hands were traveling all over his body. we both had to go back on the ice, but neither of us wanted to leave.

"we should get going." i whispered against his lips while his tongue lightly traced my lip. his tongue was testing out mine like he was testing out the waters.

"one more minute." he groaned when i slid my tongue against his. "make that two."

"iwaizumi." somehow when i told him we had to leave, i ended up pulling him closer to me. "we have to go." one of his hands moved up to the back of my head and he kept kissing me deeply.

"y/n." he breathed out and finally broke our lips apart. our foreheads were resting on each other's and we were lightly breathing, recovering from the kisses. "your kisses are lethal." he smiled and tapped my nose with his.

"that's exactly how i want my kisses." i beamed and he moved his head back, staring at me with a tilt of his head and a smile on his face. and then he kept on staring. "what? do i have something on my face?" i asked and bought my hands up to my face.

he leaned down and gave me a short kiss on my lips, surprising me. when he pulled away, i looked at him, confused. "i love your smile." he said and wrapped one arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"should we be getting back to the ice?" i leaned against his side and stuck my hand into the pocket of his trackpants. he checked the clock on the wall and made a hissing should through his teeth.

"or we could just stay here for the rest of the day." he offered, sounding like he was joking. but a part of me wished that we actually could just stay here all day. taking a day off and spending it with him would be nice.

"i wish." i sighed. "staying in here and relaxing all night would be great."

"you staying here or heading off the gym?" he asked me as we started to walk over to the door. he opened it up for me and i slipped under his arm and he followed after me. "you should stay, we all want you to. i want you to."

we weren't touching each other, but every now and then our hands would brush against each others. i didn't give him an answer until we had walked back to the doors of the ice rink. he stopped before we opened the doors and i paused with him.

he was waiting for my answer so i gave him one.

"i think i'll stay."

he returning grin was the sign that i picked the right choice.