10

iwaizumi hajime did not come back to the rink later like he said he would

iwaizumi hajime did not come back to the rink later like he said he would. i wasn't disappointed that he didn't show up, more surprised.

i stayed until ten before i went home. i put my ice skates into my locker at the rink before changing out of my training clothes and into a t-shirt and some gym shorts. that was all i had in my locker and even though it was a little cold outside, i still changed.

while i was putting my sweatpants on, i looked at my leg in the mirror. the bruise that formed when iwaizumi knocked me down was still on my leg, an ugly purple-blue color.

i ran my hand down my leg and applied a little bit of pressure and felt the pain when i did. it didn't hurt too bad, but if i put enough force and pressure, it would.

i sighed before looking away. i finished gathering up all my things before closing my locker and leaving the room.

i had a backpack on my back because i had to take things home to clean and bring clean clothes to put in my locker for days like this.

the moment i stepped outside, i shivered from the temperature. it was slightly windy, but it wasn't too bad. i rubbed my hands up and down my arms before walking towards the bus stop.

the sky was dark and the streets were empty, with only the street lights and the moon illuminating the way. i was used to walking alone late at night and usually the last bus would still be around.

if not then i would walk home.

sometimes, ritsu would drive by and offer me a ride home which was code for we wanted to make out in his car and i always declined.

i pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked down at the device. i unlocked it and looked at the notifications. i didn't have any social media and didn't really have friends so the only notifications i received were emails and texts from my parents and coach.

i turned off my phone and didn't answer any of the messages or emails. the walk to my bus stop was silent, no music. i didn't bring my headphones with me so it was just me and my thoughts.

horrible company.

when i was sitting at the bus stop, i took my phone back out and was just looking through my calendar, counting down the days until my competition and stressing myself out.

in the middle of my stressing session, a text came through.

iwaizumi: so sorry i couldn't make it

i stared at the notification in surprise before i clicked on it. 

y/n: didn't have to see your face, so i consider it a win

while i was typing out my text, i was also imagining his face in my head. his stupid, annoying, handsome face.

iwaizumi: i'll see you tomorrow