11

i slept like a baby and woke up feeling like death

last night was a good night. y/n and i hung out again and we had a moment. or at least, i think it was a moment. i was supposed to be happy about that night. i was supposed to be glad she wasn't pushing me away.

but one thing kept me from feeling all that and instead, i felt dread.

that huge fucking bruise on her leg.

that bruise was from her mid-thigh down to right above her knee. and it was a purple color and it looked like it hurt terribly. and i knew it was that day we first met. the day i knocked her over and fell on top of her.

when my eyes landed on that bruise last night, i couldn't process anything else. i had to leave before i could blow up about the bruise. she told me that it was nothing. she never bought it up, so i thought she never got a physical mark from that day.

but then i started to think back. she never wore a skirt or shorts. she was always wearing jeans or leggings or sweatpants. then those times when she put all her weight onto one leg. when she was so stressed and worried about falling on the ice.

i groaned and shoved my pillow over my head. i laid there with a pillow over my head for a bit, just thinking and trying to shove the image of her bruise out of my head. i didn't remove the pillow until my dog marched into my room.

i looked to the side and stared at him. "i'm a dick, haru." i started talking to my dog like he was my therapist. "i hurt a girl. i left a mark on her." i slapped my hand over my face and rubbed my eyes.

haru, my dog, whined. "yeah, i agree." i sat up and threw my pillow on the other side of my bed. "wanna go for a walk?" haru started spinning around. "let's go." i got off my bed and pulled a shirt over my head.

i went to the bathroom to use it and brush my teeth before going downstairs and greeting my parents. they were eating breakfast outside for who knows why, it wasn't even a sunny day. "i'm taking haru on a walk." i announced.

"okay, have fun. don't get lost." my mom waved at us.

"are you going to the gym today?" my dad asked me and i didn't even know the answer. "or the rink?"

"i'm not sure yet." i answered. "still a little tired and sore from yesterday." i did get a small burst of energy when i saw y/n sitting at the bus stop though. she has that effect on me.

"do you want anything special for dinner or lunch?" my mom asked and started to stand up. "if you're staying home today, i'll make one of your favorites."

"oh no, it's okay." i didn't want my mom to go out of her way. "i'm okay with whatever you cook. i promise." i ran my hand through my hair and looked to my dad for help. he caught my look and pulled on my mother's hand.

"our son said he's okay with whatever you make." he had my mom sit back down next to him. "so cook whatever your heart desires." i nodded in agreement before grabbing a leash. "now, let him go on his walk now."