14

somehow, makki and oikawa got me to join in hockey practice

somehow, makki and oikawa got me to join in hockey practice. i was made the goalie and i had no idea what to do with myself. i was also wearing so much more gear and equipment than i was used to.

iwaizumi would skate by me and i could hear him laughing as he passed. every time he laughed, i wanted to whack him with the hockey stick makki handed to me.

i'm not quite sure how they roped me into this, but i now know to never make this mistake again.

"you look absolutely adorable." oikawa gave me a thumbs up and stopped in front of me. iwaizumi was right behind him and moved closer to me to adjust the helmet that was placed on my head.

"can you even hold this thing on your head?" he teased and i tried to shoot him a glare, but i had no idea if he actually received it. "you look cute." he said a little more quietly so the others didn't hear.

we haven't told anyone that we were practically making out because there was no reason to. they didn't notice our flushed cheeks, swollen lips, or iwaizumi's ruffled hair.

if they found out then, oh well. but if they didn't then we would be fine too.

"shut up." i lightly jabbed iwaizumi on the leg and he grinned before skating off. makki and mattsun tossed him the hockey puck while oikawa was standing on the opposite side of the rink holding a bunch of hockey pucks.

"ready y/n?" makki called out when he dropped the puck onto the ice. he didn't even give me time to answer before he hit the puck towards me.

the boys had put these pads on me and i instinctively threw my arm in front of my face to protect it. there was a small impact noise and i looked down to see that the puck had hit the pad covering my leg.

"good job with that." iwaizumi commented as he skated past me. "can you handle another one?" the way he delivered the words made me want to go back to the lounge room and kiss him again.

"i can handle it." i said confidently, not sure why i was confident.

"you sure do sound sure of yourself there." iwaizumi stopped next to me, staying on my right side.

"shouldn't you be out there shooting the puck at me?" i nodded my head over to where the other three were standing. "practicing?"

"what am i practicing when our goalie is gonna let all our shots in?" he teased and i reached the hockey stick i was holding and lightly jabbed him in the ribs.

"hey, i blocked makki's." i reminded him before trying to turn my attention away from the guy standing next to me.

"that's makki. he went easy on you, pipsqueak."

"what the hell is pipsqueak?" i asked flatly and turned my head back towards him. so much for trying to get my attention away from him. "go back to stranger."

"stranger doesn't flow right in these situations." iwaizumi basically had stopped practicing and was no my personal entertainer. "maybe i need to find you another nickname."

"let's hope it's better than pipsqueak. it makes it feel like you're an older cousin or something." i shuddered at the mere thought of that.

"ew." i could barely see his face, but i saw it scrunch up in disgust. "that's gross. don't ever say that again." it was his turn to hit me with his hockey stick. instead of my ribs, he went for my skate.

"yeah, so let's eliminate pipsqueak."

"alright, deal. might want to pay attention now." i glanced back to the other three and saw oikawa hitting the puck right at me. unlike makki who shot the puck through the air, oikawa kept his directly on the ice.

i quickly caught the sight of the black puck and hurriedly dropped the hockey stick in its path to block it from going into the goal. i successfully blocked the puck and watched as it moved off to the side.

"you're doing a pretty good job."

"stop sounding so surprised." i told him even though i was surprised at myself.

"sure you never played hockey before? you hiding some hockey backstory on me?"

"ha. ha. ha." i turned back to the other three guys. they were talking amongst themselves before they all looked over to me with mischievous smiles on their faces.

"that is never a good look." iwaizumi told me and clicked his tongue, leaving me to wonder what the hell he meant by that.

"what's the worse that will happen?"

"good luck to you, my friend." iwaizumi reached over and patted me on the shoulder.

"we're friends?"

"would you like to be called favorite girl i've ever kissed?" he flirted and i saw him look over at his friends.

when he saw that they were back to talking to themselves in a little huddle, iwaizumi slipped his hand across my back, right above my ass.

"am i your favorite girl you've ever kissed?" i questioned. he turned his eyes back to me and raised his eyebrows.

"if i'm your favorite guy that you ever kissed." he countered and slid his hand to my hip, giving it a small squeeze.

"mhm." i pretended to think about it. "i think i can slide you into the first spot position."

"you think?" his hand slid back down and it was gradually moving closer to my ass.

"i think."

"what can i do to permanently slide myself into that number one spot without a doubt?"

"that is for you to find out on your own." i gave him a sarcastic smile and he kept looking at me, only glancing away to check on his teammates.

"you sure are trouble." he said and dropped his hand from my body. the second his hand left, i missed his touch on me.

it felt nice.

"excuse you, i am anything but trouble." i tried to argue, but not really sure what i was arguing about. i just liked our small banter.

"you keep telling yourself that, trouble."

~~~
"you knew what you wanted and boy you got her"