How it continued

Logan was the one pulling his eyes of Landos Blue once. He took a deep breath through his nose calming a bit. But Lando was not finished "Why do you have such a problem with that, are you homophobic?" The blondes fixated him again "What? Why would you think that?" Oscar slowly got desperate trying to safe this situation "Logan." But Lando just drowned him out "Well you act like it. What would be so bad about dating the same sex." Logan rolled his eyes "Nothing, but dating someone on the grid is like dating someone from work. That's never a good idea." That loosened up a bit of the tension. The Briton nodded slowly "So you don't have anything against dating the same sex?" The American looked him firmly in the eyes "no". Lando nodded satisfied. His body relaxed visibly.

Oscar breathed out. These two were giving him a headache "So now that that is cleared. Lets talk about a way to get Logans problem solved." Again Lando was on his phone. Logan groaned "No, I am just gonna look for a new job I guess. I am so tired of fighting for my place in that team everyday." That earned him a concerned gaze of both boys. Oscar smiled sadly "I am sorry about your weekend. It wasn't fair." The addressed nodded "Thanks."

Lando watched Logans pained expression, he felt sad for the younger boy. It must be really hard for the American. "So what is your Type?" Oscar snorted "Lando, for real?" He shrugged "I thought the idea was for Logan to date someone out of his type, so we need to know what is his type is." Logan had his eyes closed only listening to the bickering of the McLarren drivers. "Yeah but like Logan sat he would need to date someone big for the result we want." "Well we know a lot of famous people, kind off." "Lado, Logan isn't going to date one of your friends." "Not but Monaco is full of People who could be possible." "Well...actually.... that's true." "I know. And we have some free days." "Logan what have you planned for the next days?"

Logan didn't even open his eyes "Nothing, back to London and then to Williams in like 7 days or something like that." Lando gestured to Oscar "See?" Oscar nodded. He looked at his blonde friend slumped over in his seat, big bags under his bloodshot eyes. "Logan?" The American opened his eyes "Would you like to come and stay with me and Lando for the days, in Monaco?"

This got the attention from the boy "What?" He was stunned "I don't think that's a good idea. I need to train and..." But Lando shrugged him off "We can go to the gym together, you can call your trainer and you can do some training over zoom or something. Oscar stays with me too, I have room for you as well. And we can work on your social media." Logan was speechless so Oscar spoke up too "That would help you right? And Lando knows a lot about that stuff he is really great at that. He has more followers as George." That made Lando smugly grin and Logan actually smile a bit "That must annoy him." Lando laughed "It does."

Logan tried imagine what the next week would look like. Monaco with Oscar sounded great, he hated to be alone. But Lando... he wasn't sure about the Briton. "Come one it will be fun and you look like you shouldn't be alone anyways." Oscar nodded "Yes Logan. Please." The American sighed "I don't know. I feel like intruding, and I don't think I am such a good company at the moment." Lando waved it off "Nonsense, you are coming. Let me tell the plane crew and ask if its possible to take you as well." He got up and left.

Oscar smiled at him "I am happy you are coming. I promise it will be fun and if you hate it you can always leave." The blonde just huffed "I am just so tired." Just then Lando came back "They say its fine but they need another 30 minuets to get it all set up. They will send someone to get your bags."

As he predicted a flight assistant appeared after a bit collection Logans stuff. They spend the rest of the time talking about racing stuff.

On the plane Logan sat next to Oscar, opposite of Lando. After they were in the air the Briton had started to set up a DJ pult, mixing some songs. The American stayed awake for two songs and then he fell asleep.

Oscar had spent the time texting his girlfriend but when he felt Logans head drop onto his shoulder, close to his head he looked up "Oh" He felt bad for his friend "he must've been exhausted." Lando looked up "Yeah." The boy turned down the volume of his music "He didn't seam really... good." His fellow driver nodded "Yeah, he beats himself up a lot on a general base but getting his car taken away and basically gifted to his teammate for crashing must have really messed him up." Lando nodded "I would be on a call with my mental coach 24/7 after something like that." They went silent.

After a minuet Lando took at the sleeping boy. The usually styled dirty blonde hair were messy, hanging the American deep into his face. His blue eyes closed, the face relaxed, but Lando still noticed the clean features of the other boy. He looked soft and sharp at the same time. The driver was an athlete just as much as the others were and his body showed that. Broad shoulders, slim figure, strong and healthy. Since this year he had a stubble across his face, a bit like Lando who started growing his beard that summer as well. It gave him a more grown-up look. The Briton knew the American was taller then him, that even showed when they were all sitting down.

He got interrupted staring when Oscar spoke again "You really think dating someone will help him?" Lando hummed "Yeah, I mean he seemed a bit lonely, and we can at the same time help him with social media and that stuff so I think why not." The Australian nodded "You should know that he is a bit reluctant when it comes to dating. I think it has something to do with past experiences or something." Lando nodded "Has that something to do with the fact that he doesn't mind dating the same sex?" Oscar looked at his teammate "That's something he should tell you." Lando nodded.

Logan slept through their lunch. Lando and Oscar talked quietly about their own races and team but soon Oscar brought something else up. "Lando... I had a thought." The Briton nodded "Okay?" The Australian looked at him intensely "I think maybe it was enough for Logan to Fake date someone, maybe someone with a big social media base and well working in the sport...I thought... maybe you." Lando choked on his bite of salat. He started coughing violently. Between hard breathes he chocked out "What?" Oscar watched him in concern "Well, you aren't dating someone at the moment right? And you are pretty good with Instagram." Lando gulped down some of his water "Oscar, I am not interested in Logan like that." His friend nodded "I know, even better. Logan probably feels more comfortable like this, not seriously needing to date someone." He gave Lando another napkin "I really don't want him to get his heart broken too. I mean you don't have to like make out in public or so... Maybe just do a bit of teasing on social media. Just some post hinting at that you two are together. I mean you like playing games and I think you would enjoy causing a bit of trouble." Lando could finally breath again, but now he was to stunned to speak. Oscar knew he was bi and he knew Logan so him proposing that idea really must have cost him some thoughts, but Lando wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Even fake dating a fellow driver was a big risk. He had built a live for himself, he wouldn't risk it like that for an American he didn't even really know. How would that even work, they were competition on track.

Oscar went back to eating his food, knowing that Lando would think about his idea. He knew it was risky for both of his friends and it could destroy somethings but at the same time he couldn't help but think that they would make a good couple. Lando talkactive, Logan calm, Lando childish and Logan mature (kind off), Lando British and Logan American, Lando was always cold and Logan warm, Lando was always buzzing and Logan mostly laid back.

"Just think about it" Oscar said and Lando did.