Departure

It became a habit, Oscar coming to Logans rooms after he woke up. This morning only Lando was already awoke "Morning." The Briton smiled softly, still wrapped around the taller. The Aussie sat down on the bed too "Morning." The silence was pressing. Oscar broke it first "Listen Lando, Logan is a close friend and you are too. I want to see you both happy." The other opened his mouth but got shut up "Listen first. I think everyone knows that you two became close. I am just asking the same I asked from him. Be kind, be honest, be willing to fight for it." His teammate gave him a knowing look " promise"

Logan woke up not long after. Blinking eyes at Lando he muttered "Morning" Then he looked at the Aussie "Morning" Both smiled "Morning" It felt homely, waking up like this. "So....today?" Lando nodded "Training and then maybe some PlayStation?" They all agreed, happy about a relaxed day in. So they started their days like always.

After their trainings were all completed they came together in the living room.

Lando watched as Logan walked by him and into his kitchen. The American offered to cook this evening, before Lando or Oscar could say anything.

It felt strange to Lando having him around. In a good way, Logan just fit. Like Oscar did in the beginning, but Logan fit even a tick better, he didn't knew why.

"Dinners ready." Logan pocked his head out of the kitchen "Get the table ready" and the two other drivers did. They found their routine of eating at the dinner table, which Lando never really used before. He never needed too, because most of the time he was here he lived alone and would eat in front of his PC or go out for something.

When the McLaren driver sat down the blonde walked over setting a plate down in front of them. Lando hummed appreciating "You're the perfect housewife, mate." He teased. Oscar laughed, as Logan sat down in his own seat "fuck off, you are small." That made Lando whine out "Hey" Oscar just giggled along "That's enough boys." He felt like a mother of two little kids, sometimes.

They ate in peace, talking about some stuff that happened over the day. It felt good, like a little family. After Oscar excused himself as he wanted to call his girlfriend, Lando and Logan ended up in front of the PlayStation.

"So what do you want to play?" Lando asked, plopping down in his space. "Whatever, as long its not Fifa." Lando shoot him a glare "Football, mate. Foot-ball." But logan repeated "Soc-cer" as Lando exploded into more laughter "You are so American it hurts sometimes." The blonde smiled "Thank you." The older boy huffed "Not a compliment you muppet."

Just then Oscar walked in, both of the gamers looked up "Oscar are you cheering me one?" Lando asked as he set up a game. "No, we have been friends longer, he is cheering for me" Logan interfered. The Aussie smiled at them "I am going to be the neutral spectator for now. Or at least as long as my girlfriend is still in the shower."

The next day was Logans plane back to London, they all knew and they collectively ignored the fact.

It was the last night together, it was the last morning waking up together, it was the last morning of Oscar bursting their bubble. It also was the first night Logan didnt have a nightmare. 

 Then it was time for him to get back to London and Williams. He knew it was gonna be hard after the first night Lando spend with him, but now that it was time, he felt like he couldn't. Oscar knew him well, he felt how hard this was for the American. He wondered if it was just the fact that he would be alone again or if separating from Lando had something to do with it.

They all were at the airport, back in a lounge. Logan and Lando sat on a couch, basically on each other's lap. Neither was happy about the upcoming week. Logan tried soaking up the last warm moments with Lando and Oscar as much as he could, but he knew they were sad too.

Lando softly took one of Logans hands, holding it tightly. His thumb stroking over the warm skin, soothing the aching in Logans body. His voice was quiet "Its just a week. And we did it before, right?" But they all knew this was different and would never be like before. Logan nodded "Yeah, sure." The words as fake as his smile "Just a week, and we will text." Oscar nodded, he wanted to give them a moment for themselves, without feeling watched "Excuse me, I'll be back in a minuet." He got up and left for the toilets.

Logan looked after the Aussie "I am gonna miss you both." He couldn't look at Lando, he felt like crying already. The other squeezed his hand "Me too, I hate that you need to leave early. When we are all in Japan again, we need to do something immediately." Logan nodded "Please." He knew he sounded desperate and small but he didn't care.

Then Lando moved again. Silently he slipped one of his bead bracelets over their connected hands. Logan smiled. His fingers carefully caressed the letters "LN4" Lando kissed the beads and Logans wrist "It's a promise." The younger nodded "Thank you." Oscar came back.

Logans flight got called out and he needed to leave. The boy hugged Oscar. The Aussie wishing him a good flight and reminded him to let him know when he arrived. Then it was Landos time. He hugged Logan tightly, breathing in the familiar sent of the other "Stay safe." They separated, both aching.

Logan kept playing with the LN4 the whole time he waited for his boarding time. His heart longed for the warmth of the small room, in Monaco, in the flat with the nice views and empty champagne bottles. Then he was on the plan, taking off, back to his own flat.

In the air the boy remembered Landos reminder to post something. After looking around for a good shot his eyes fell on the bracelet. So he took a picture of it, in front of the plane window. It got posted in his Instagram story, no caption, nothing else, just the bracelet and a silent promise.

He waited for a bit before checking his phone again. This time there were more comments under his icon. His story got reposted a lot and under these posts were comments just raining in. Some were discussing his connection to Lando, others were about his sexuality, or they asked about Oscar. In the end it gave him what he needed, the attention his team asked him to deliver.

It started as a way to get Logan more in the focus but they all knew it was so much more now. Logan felt the uneasy drag in his stomach, but he ignored it, like so often in the last days. Deep down the American was sure he would need to talk to Lando at some point but it wasn't the time for it.

The rest of the flight was alright, quiet and not too long. Logans apartment was cold. Like always. His fridge was empty, always and he felt out of place, as always. He got right to setting everything up, turning the heat on, unpacking his suitcase.

When that was finished, he got back on his phone. He had texted Lando and Oscar in the cab. They had answered.

Oscar: Good, let me know if you need anything, yes?

Logan: promise, hug Lando for me