Raceweek

For everyone involved it was obvious that they craved for each other. Even Logans trainer asked him about it. Then it was time to fly to Japan. Logan arrived later then the McLarens. When his plane toughed Japanese soil he let the others know. Alex would arrive a few days later, so it was only Logan and his trainer. Lando had insisted on collecting them at the airport.

The American was nervous. They had texted, called, and video chatted a lot, but there still was a little part of his brain that was scared things would have changed. He walked out of the gates, pulling his baggage behind, when he saw him. Dressed in all black. The Briton had spotted him, rushing over. As he reached the younger his arms wrapped around the Americans neck, pulling him close. The Briton buried his head in the crock of the others neck taking in the scent he missed.

Logan returned the emotionally charged hug. They both needed it. Feeling each other. Logans Trainer cleared his throat pulling them out of their bubble "I am sorry boys but I think we should leave, before someone noticed." Lando pulled away first "Yes. Yeah sure." He took a suitcase from Logans hand, before taking it in his own "Come on."

The drive back was calm, Logan talked about the flight, Lando about the time he already spend here. Even though Logans trainer was in the car too, the Briton still had a hand on the others leg, caressing it now and then.

In the Hotel they finally got some time alone. The door closed behind them and Logan dropped his stuff before he went in for another hug. Just like before Lando wrapped both arms strongly around his body, holding him safely against himself. The American breathed in and he could literally feel his body relax. They both did.

They ended up on the bed like they did in Monaco. Sadly both knew that it would be to risky to sleep in the same room. So Lando got up when he was sure the Williams driver was asleep. The Briton took a moment just watching Logans chest lift and sink as he breathed. It was so familiar and yet so thrilling. The boy needed to stop himself several times from stroking over Logans face, lips, hair, arms. After five minutes of watching the other sleep he got up, but not before pressing a soft kiss on Logans hair. The thoughts of the way Logan had woken crying back in his apartment in Monaco, worried Lando. He didn't want the younger to work alone through these moments.

In his own bed, in his hotel the McLaren driver still tried to calm his thoughts. In the end he knew if Logan needed him, he would call. He fell into a restless sleep. 

The next day Logan walked into the paddock, he saw the cameras and couldn't stop but think that there were more on him then before. Media day started.

The first interview he had to do started only half an hour later. The American sat on a chair, as often, lights shining into his face, people staring at him, everyone busy. Then it started. His team had prepared him for the questions, and he practiced his answers, but the interviewer could always change his plans.

The first questions were the ones he got, but after he was nearly sure he answered them all the women opposite of him smiled her media smile and asked "Just a last thing I am sure all the fans are waiting for: we could follow you through that last two weeks via Instagram and I think we all saw where and with who you spend it. So tell us you and Lando Norris, how did that happen?" The driver kept his rehearsed smiled on "Haha, yeah. Well he and Oscar kind of kidnapped me after the Australien GP. I spend a great week with them both in Monaco. I am really grateful for them, they really kept me busy after a disappointing weekend." The Women nodded "That sounds great, would you count Lando as one of your friends then? I think we all saw the larger role he played in your posts?" Logan heard the hint she planted "Yeah I would say he is one of my friends." Then Williams stepped in "That's it, we need to leave." The driver nodded, got up and left with them.

From then on nearly every Interview had some question about him and Lando. He answered them all the same "He and Lando were friends" "he stayed with him and Oscar" "He is very thankful" Secretly he wondered if Lando got the same questions, and if he would mind them.

It was the last thing he had to do, open press conference. Sit in front of a bunch of reporters who asked a bunch of random questions. The real Challenge. It started with the first question "We heard about you and Lando, are you a couple?" "Would you say it would be hard for a gay driver on the gird?" "Are you trying to get a seat at McLaren now?" "Does your team know?" He felt suffocated, but this what he expected. With slightly shaky voice he answered "My personal relations have nothing to do with my career. I am not trying to get seat through Lando, me and Oscar are good friends since a long time since you seemed to have forgotten that." He needed to swallow what just gave them the chance to yell more questions "Are you racing again this weekend?" "How is the car?" "Will there be some big news relating to your friendship to Lando Norris" The driver put on his fake smile "I will be driving, The car is repaired, so I will be driving the repaired one." He felt the familiar sting.

The rest of the questions went over like always. He was relieved when he could leave. But on his way out there were more people screaming at him "Any comments about the recent comments on the relationship between you and Lando Norris?" "Have you heard about the controversy about your role in the team?" He felt his heart rate spark again, this time he wasn't protected by members of the team.

"Leave him be, go and do something useful for once." Logan turned around. Carlos walked up behind him. He protectively pulled Logan next to him by wrapping an arm around his shoulders "Come one little little yankee. Lets go." The American relaxed under the strong touch, letting the other lead him into the parking lot.

When he felt safe enough Logan smiled at the older driver "Thank you Carlos." The Spaniard smiled warmly "Don't mention it, happy to help and any friend of Landos is a friend of mine." The Ferrari driver brought him to his car "Drive safe and just to be sure I will tell Lando when I see him later about these dump reporters." That made Logan flinch "Oh, no. Please, you don't need to tell him. He worries way too much already." But the other didn't let it go "Yeah well I won't hide it from him if he asks I will tell him." The American gave in "Just don't rail him up more, yes? Please?" The other driver smiled "He cares a lot that's why he is all over you about these things." The blonde smiled "He is very sweet, that's why I don't want to max out his friendship I already demanded a lot, so." Carlos smiled softy "get back safe Logan." Then he walked away.

Back in his room Logans body gave out. He collapsed on his bed wishing he could hide from the world. He tried. But the world didn't seem to have similar plans. A bit later someone strongly knocked on his door. Logan, half asleep, just kept laying there, maybe the intruder would go away. Bit instead the person came in.

Surprised he sat up staring at the intruder, or the intruders. Oscar and Lando came walking in "Hey there, I thought we could do a movie night?" The Aussie smiled at his friend. The other just flopped back into his cushions "I am tired." Oscar still walked over "Tired of live or tired tired?" Lando still waited near the door, not daring to come closer. Logan hummed "Of life I guess." His friend sat down next to him "Alright then you need a Lando hug, he gives the best hugs, don't you?" The Briton just shrugged, unsure if he was intruding. But the American swiped all his concerned away by stretching his arms into his direction "Please"

Of course he gave in. He let the younger wrap around him completely, holding on like a koala. Oscar had set up a movie before he handed out some snacks (of course approved by their meal plans). If felt a bit like their morning in Monaco. Like their little racing family. This time both McLaren drivers stayed the night, only leaving in the morning so they could get ready for free practice later.