Chapter 25: The Match

(Unedited)

"Thank god, we aren't that late!" Lily sighs as we sit down on the seats.

Most of the seats were occupied and we had our seats in the second row.
I smile and look around.

Most of the people were going live and were taking pictures.
Everyone were very excited for today's match.

It would be the last match before Alex and his teammates would go off to university.

"Vi! I am taking photos!" I turn around and look at camera that Lily held.
We take a lot of photos before Lily decides that she should go live too.

My phone pinged indicating I had received a text.

Expired Butterscotch:
Hey, can you meet me in the dressing room?

Dressing room?

Oh! It might be the one where they usually get ready and take shower after the match.

I excuse myself and stood up walking towards the room.

No one was there and i carefully knocked the door before Alex opened it.

He smiled brightly and motioned me to come inside.

"Hey!"

"Hi, little Vi!" He whispered.

"Why are we whispering?" I asked in a hushed voice looking around to see if anyone else were present too.

"I don't know," Alex grinned, "you don't have to worry no one's here."

I nod and smile, "So you're ready?"

"I am, I... Uhh..," He scratched his head, "well, as I promised I want to give you my jersey."

Saying that he grabbed them jersey kept on the bench and handed it to me.

Alex 08, was written in bold letter and i smiled looking at it.

"Thank you, Alex!"

"Not a problem, wish me luck." He whispers again.

"I believe you, you'll do it!"

"I will!" He confirms before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

I smile widely and he looks down at me smiling back.

"Alex? You in there, man? Coach's  looking for you." Someone knocks the door.

"Yeah, I am coming." Alex replied.

"Well, that's your call, good luck,
Alex!" I pat his shoulder.

"Yep! I'll get going now."

"Mhm, bye!" I wave and he waved back with a grin before running out of the room.