Extra Story - The Scholar (Part 1)

Notes: Hi everyone!

First of all, I want to thank you all for the incredible support you're giving to this story.

This chapter and the next three that will follow can be considered a sort of experiment.

In fact, I am considering, if circumstances allow me, to create a collection of short stories which, in the form of spinoffs, tell some secondary events relating to the lore of the world of "Napoleon of Another World!", and this was supposed to be the first of them.

I therefore decided to make some changes, insert it into the main plot and bring it to your attention, to ask for your opinion and understand if it might interest you.

These would mostly be self-contained stories unrelated to the main plot, which would have both the main characters and in some cases even supporting characters as protagonists.

So let me know your opinions on it!^^

Cj Spencer

"You don't reason with intellectuals

You shoot them."

Mablith was the first major city in the Grand Duchy you encountered once you left the mountains heading east

A peaceful place not used to war, so much so that it didn't even have walls or other defensive systems.

On the other hand, since the separation of its territories, Eirinn had always chosen the path of absolute neutrality, and even during the thirty-year Border War with the Union it had never once been threatened with invasion–although this had not prevented army units from fighting alongside the Empire as auxiliaries–.

Its vassal status was purely formal, and apart from not being able to start military campaigns without the Emperor's permission or the prohibition on changing some laws it could decide its own policy.

Sure, its soil was one of the most fertile ever seen and anything could grow there, but neither Saedonia, with its vast central prairies, nor the Union, the supreme agricultural nation, had problems with that, so no one thought that its fields or its woods were worth a war.