Chapter 2 : devil's arrival

....

It was a cloudy day in Varanasi. The clouds were darker than usual. Strong winds were blowing. It was looking very scary.

A weird feeling started residing in the hearts of the people in Varanasi.
They knew it was going to heavily rain soon.
Rain was common there but it was bit unusual.
Since it was the mid of the summer month.

Boats were tired tightly near the pole in the ghats.
Shopkeepers started closing their shops.
Shops near the temple started to close.
Everyone started running towards their house.

With passing time the clouds looked scarier.....

It felt like an inauspicious thing arrived in the HOLY PLACE OF VARANASI....

.................

"Beta...... pankhuri”shouted bhairab Pandit from the downstairs of their house.

Aaiiiii baba....
Pankhuri came down running.
Her anklets ringing in the whole house.

"Beta... I think it will rain heavily by the evening.
Call Neil home back soon...”
And do not go outside..

" I think they will also cut the power supply”.

Ok baba...
Replied Pankhuri.

"Remember beta it will be dark outside... No men are here at house now... So you and diya shouldn't go out ... It's not safe” bhairab said with little fear. He didn't want to leave his both daughters at home alone if it wasn't for the urgent work.

"Ok baba... But where are you going ?.. ”

"Beta.... I have an important work in the nearby town... I forgot that it was today.
So i am running a little late.
It's very important beta or else I wouldn't have left you alone l....”

"Don't worry baba.... I'll take care of both of us..
You know na I have grown up and now I don't fear anybody” she replied confidently.

Here pankhuri was unaware so was her baba.
If bhairav hadn't left her at house alone that night they wouldn't have to face anything.

If that day Pankhuri had developed a little bit of fear she wouldn't have caught the devil's eye.
If that day at least Neil returned on time pankhuri wouldn't have suffered this much.....

...............

An expensive car was riding on the empty roads of Varanasi.
Many other black cars with men were following it.

Few people thought it was the same businessman that wanted to build a resort here.
But who will tell them that the resort was just an excuse for a deadly murder.

People of Varanasi were unaware that a debil in disguise as human as arrived to kill his prey.

The cars under the black cloudy roofs looked very intimidating.
It felt like the clouds were welcoming them and warning the people to get inside their house....
The sun which blessed everyone has suddenly disappeared in the presence of the devil.

The cars went towards the abandoned Mansion of the Varanasi.
They were surprised to know that people live there.
The Mansion was abandoned for the last 10 years.
No one ever dared to come to that area.
Thinking it was a haunted place.

Did they know it was the place of the devil ?
The devil resided there but hasn't visited the place for the last 10 years.
Now that he wants his next prey he reluctantly came to visit this place.