Chapter 7 : reminisces and mystery

"Shahjahanpur ? Are you serious. I'm tired of going to rural areas. I have work in Mumbai where I have a very important deal to deal with. I can't go , you can send someone else" replied dhruv irritatingly.

" Why ? So that you can waste money on girls , drugs and drinking ?" said Malini with a mocking tone.

Crossing her hands around the chest she said with a straight face " you'll go and visit the place. I would have gone but I have to return today only. I'm sending you cause it will benefit you. Purchase him and you'll increase about 30% more in your funds. The north side in your domain was in need of more weapons, you'll get it.

Dhruv heavily sighed. He didn't nod his head , but Malini knew he would do it. Malini was a strict person when it comes to work especially her work. She doesn't interfere much but when she knows the base is getting weak she'll handle it herself. Either she is benefitting from it or wants it as a resource. Otherwise she doesn't care even if the whole domain collapses one day.

They never had a proper conversation with each other. They never stayed at one place. The Khanna Mansion was the main area with huge security but no one actually stayed there. Sreyashi lives in another villa and the same goes with dhruv. Malini frequently visits the place to check. They never even had food together.

The Khurana mansion was a forbidden and abandoned place. The secrets which arise there stay there , even death. No one knows what exactly happened there. Not even the people residing in that area. There has been an unusual silence prevailing for the last 20 years.

Malini stays abroad. She comes in a while to check on her children. Dhruv has never experienced what family is ? He craved for love which could make him live in the world peacefully. But he wasn't fortunate enough to feel it.

That's why he turned out to be ruthless and arrogant.

He was never taken care of since childhood.

What scares people more is that he killed his own father. But why ?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Malini came closer and gave him an evil eye keychain. She always does that. And this affection hurts dhruv. Though she gives it she fails to show affection. Like any other children even dhruv thinks whether he was adopted ? His own mother doesn't show affection.

"Your father used to say- you get something unexpected at unexpected places" she whispered while caressing his head. He looked at her with mocking face.

Dhruv thought his mother was hurt because of his father who cheated. That's why she is saying the lines of his father.

" I hope you find whatever you're searching for."

Dhruv could see her eyes getting soft for milliseconds but soon turned cold after he got a glance of it.

With a hard face she walked out from there not sparing a glance at anyone. Her assistant gave them pitiful looks and also walked out.

She doesn't like when someone gives her pitiful looks not even when they are her own children.

She didn't like that look 20 years back and now also she hates it to the core...

....................

Pankhuri's pov

Finallyyyy... The day has come. I'm really excited for the Mela. The last time i visited a fair was 2 years ago.