Chapter 10 : Unexpected Proposal

As the heavy footsteps echoed through the modest house , the air suddenly felt thick with tension.

The door creaked open, revealing the imposing figure of the Man, his demeanor as dark and forbidden as the shadows that danced across the muddy floor. His purpose, however, was far from sinister. Despite the intimidating aura that surrounded him, his intention was one of tradition and honor.

With the sudden change in atmosphere , came out one of the resident. Neil was surprised seeing unfamiliar face in their house.
Inside, Neil and his wife froze in surprise, their faces betraying a mixture of confusion and anxiety. Who dared to snoop upon their humble abode with such audacity?

"Who are you?" Neil managed to stammer, his voice wavering slightly under the weight of uncertainty. His eyes darted nervously towards his wife, silently pleading for guidance in this unexpected encounter.

The Man, unfazed by the question, stood tall and proud, his presence commanding the room with an almost palpable force. He was clearly not interested in introducing himself to someone the same age as him.

"Where is Mr Pandit ?" the assistant declared, who was standing just beside his boss.

In that moment, Neil and his wife exchanged a silent glances.
For a moment they were scared by such a question.
Their attire screamed richness and that made them anxious.
Neil started having thoughts wheather they were debtors. Did father owe money to the strangers ?
Did he failed to pay the debt ?

"Where is Mr Pandit ??" this time Ashok asked with more authority.
The man seemingly was getting irritated with there silence. He never liked it when he doesn't get instant response from others.
His eyes moved from one place to another. The house was quite small for his Angel he thought.
He rubbed his brows and took a sit on the cot behind him.

Neil and diya still confused by the strange question. They were not able to figure it out what to say. Should they tell him that he wasn't at home ? Or ask them to leave.
There aura was radiating nothing but dark and evil.
They were scared one wrong move and everything will change.

Neil was about to say something but was cut off by the giggling voice of a girl.

Diya looked at Neil. It was pankhuri and there father. Pankhuri returned from Shahjahanpur today and their baba had gone to fetch her up from the station.

The giggling voice caught the man's attention. He knew it was his Angel. Her voice was soothing. The girl, unaware of the danger lurking in her home, continued her innocent chatter with her father.
The Man caught between his ulterior motive and the unexpected confrontation, felt a surge of anxiety grip him. Each heartbeat seemed to echo louder in the silent room, punctuating the uncertainty hanging in the air.

He was nervous. That's what scared him.

Dhruv Khanna was nervous.

As soon as the girl and her father entered the hall. The girl's eyes got locked with the stranger.
The stranger Dhruv Khanna.
Pankhuri looked at Dhruv with nothing but curiosity and he looked at her like he got his long lost favorite candy.
He couldn't believe it. Every time he sees her he spots something. This time it was a mole on her chest. Every time he met her unexpectedly he would find her more beautiful than before.

The eye lock was broken by Bhairav who asked him " how many I help you sir ?"
Dhruv closed his eyes in frustration.
He could have ignored Bhairav and keep gazing at his Angel but the eye lock they were sharing was broken by pankhuri.
He doesn't like when people interfere.