Chapter 12 : Plans for Escape

Bhairav looked up to see Dhruv standing with his head held high. Dhruv was gazing at the father daughter duo blankly.

Bhairav's anger had taken place in his eyes. His heart was burning in fear and anxiety of what the Devil did to his daughter in his absence. He hadn't expected him to be here that too this early morning.
Seeing him standing unfazed and pankhuri crying he had numerous negative thoughts in his mind.

Di...did he touched her inappropriately ?

After what he faced 12 years back , he was nowhere in the state to believe them. That's the reason he despised Khanna's to core.

Breaking the hug and holding pankhuri behind his back protectively he looked at Dhruv with a question on his face.

Bhairav's face was covered with a mix of fear and anger.

He hesitantly asked " Khanna saheb you ? In the morning ? Was there anything important ?”

Dhruv who was staring at Bhairav gave a smirk to pankhuri who hid more behind her father.

" I had come for the discussion of our marriage Mr Pandit....uhhh....soon to be my father in law”.

Dhruv said looking at pankhuri.

Bhairav knew he wouldn't get a better opportunity than this to talk it out with Dhruv.
He knew what kind of security was in his Mansion in Varanasi. He decided to talk to him about it. He knew rushing things will eventually lead to harm to Pankhuri's life but angering Dhruv was something he feared a lot. Stories about Dhruv Khanna was very popular among the people. He was one of them but he knew about Khanna's dark secrets way before.

Pankhuri hearing the word marriage shuddered in the worst possible way. She tightly holds on to her father's kurta.

No way I'll marry you...Baba please do something.

Bhairav holding Pankhuri's hand asked him to come inside and talk.

Pankhuri looked shocked at how her baba welcomed him inside.

Was he ready to marry me off ?

......................

In a quiet room, Dhruv sat on an old bed while Bhairav sat across from him.

Diya, Pankhuri's sister in law, came down and hugged Pankhuri tight, surprised to see Dhruv there.
She had become overprotective for her sister in law.
While Pankhuri kept thinking about the incident that happened a while ago.

Dhruv clapped, and some guys in black brought in fancy stuff - jewelry, clothes, sweets etc. He said it wasn't much, but it was a gift for Pankhuri from his side.

Pankhuri felt scared and sad. She didn't want to marry Dhruv, but it seemed like he was trying to make it happen with all those presents.
She looked around, feeling trapped.

The red lehenga , chooda , jewelleries which she liked was now making her feel suffocated. Seeing them infront of her brought nothing but only fear.

Bhairav seeing all these stood shocked , he did thought dhruv will try to marry pankhuri but this early.

Without hiding his hesitation he spoke -" khanna saheb.... what are all those ?”

To which Dhruv chuckled a little and said - " Mr Pandit...... I mean my to be sasurji these are all gifts from our side....what do they say ? Uhhhh.... Sagun...yes sagun from our side”.

" I know these are not much but don't worry after marrying me pankhuri would have no problem in Khanna household”.

Not much. Wow , our whole hall is occupied by these gifts and he is saying not much.
Thought pankhuri.