Chapter 6 : yearning for her

One month later.....

"Hey ! Ganga Maiya... it's so hot here. I'm already sweating after my second bath. Ufff ho I'll have to go again. Mami doesn't have a proper fan also , how is she staying here during summer” pankhuri said while wiping the sweat from her forehead.

"I'll ask baba to buy her one ceiling fan.”

Pankhuri was cooking inside the kitchen. Her mami is around 56 years old. The old lady has no one other than her son. Who is now married and stays in Delhi for work. Her son does send her money but she really doesn't like to spend it unnecessarily. She doesn't know what job he does but still sends a good amount of money every month.

Her mami was good now. After her baba left she takes care of her mami and will soon leave day after tomorrow . Pankhuri had long forgotten about that night. She enjoyed coming back to her mother's Village Shahjahanpur . It had memories preserved of her mother.

She was 8 years old when her mother died due to heart attack. More than her father she was most attached to her mother. For her , her ma was her bestfriend. She shared everything with her mother. They shared a lovely bond. But after her death , it was hard to convince pankhuri. She was left shocked and in despair after her mother's demise.
That's why she was pampered the most. She was never taught about evilness and bad things.
She was taught only about goodness in people.
Hence she believed everyone.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After having lunch with mami she went to the pond to have bath.

While returning she found one of her friend.

"Heyyy , pankhuri wait...” called her friend waving at her.

"Areee , deepa , hii how are you ?” replied Pankhuri with excitement.

"Nice , what about you ?”

"I'm perfectly fine and wait a minute when did you get married ? Huh ? Didn't even even invited me.

"Last month , i came yesterday only for taking back few things. My in laws stay in Mathura that's why. My wedding wasn't that grand you know” she replied getting little embarrassed.

"Acha , it really doesn't matter . Shadi to shadi hoti hai.”replied pankhuri while giggling.

After that both the girls started to talk. They met after a very long time and kept talking about different different things. They sat near the Banyan tree and kept gossiping.

"Wese , when are you returning?” asked deepa.

"Day after tomorrow”

"Areee , this so early. Don't you know our village is going to hold a fair this week.  And because of that even I'm staying here for a week. it's the biggest mela of our village. You should stay” said deepa.

" What ? Really, ahhh i didn't know about it. No one told me about it” said Pankhuri with a pout.

" Stay na pankhuri. We'll both visit it and have fun. It's been a long. This time fair is very different. They have decided a theme this year” said deepa , holding Pankhuri's hand in her and requesting.

"Ok. Then I'll leave after one week. I'll tell baba about this tonight ”replied pankhuri with excitement.

For pankhuri fair was love. She loved fair since childhood and her ma always took her to the fair. Their are many things about fair that reminds her of her ma. Pankhuri can deny anything but fair , never.