Chapter 3

Do vote and comment your views !

"Should i? Or should I not?" Dhriti contemplated looking at the number that was in the WhatsApp group. She knew it was vrishank's. She wanted to message him. But she was too afraid of that.

At last she decided not to! But she always stalked him. Even though they follow each other on insta, they never once talked or had an actual conversation.

6 months into following him on Instagram, she understood that he didn't post or upload pictures often. She wanted to look at how he was dressed out of the college. They had civil dress on Saturday's but there were too many restrictions for both the genders. So he often repeated clothes. Not that she mind!

Time went by and now they were in their 2nd year.

Her gaze used to find him in busy crowds in the auditorium. She used to watch him secretly, but none of them noticed. She never made anyone suspicious about that. Dhriti was always careful in that matter. She feared the worst. Because now vrishank wasn't any other boy. He often talked to navya and hritvi. Quite often if she must add.

"What did you bring today?" Dhriti excitedly asked navya. Navya actually cooks the best. Everyone was a fan of her cooking! Especially the paneer dish. And not to forget all the friends were fan of dhriti's mom's cooking. They would die for the potato fry her mother makes.

"I didn't bring my lunch today. Vrishank brought it for me" navya said.

"Ohh okay" dhriti's said and started digging in her box, ignoring the pang she felt in her chest. She knew navya and vrishank were nothing more than best friends but what made her sad was navya being close to him while she couldn't. Navya eating his mother's home made lunch while she couldn't.

She choose to ignore that fact as she never gave any importance to other things than friendship.

"You should try this dhrithi. His mom really made a nice pulihora" hritvi said forwarding a spoon towards dhriti's mouth.

Dhriti was tempted to eat. But she saw vrishank looking at her with a different gaze. She wasn't able to decipher it for few seconds. Then she thought that may be was looking at her in anger.

"No, I'm already full. I don't know how I'm gonna complete my second box of curd rice" dhriti said slightly holding her stomach. She was a pro when it came to acting. No wonder she always maintained a cool posture when vrishank was close while her insides always screamed.

"Ek hi toh spoon hai. Bas taste kar" shivya replied from back bench with mouth stuffed with rice.

"Nahi. Tum kha lo" dhriti replied. She saw vrishank turning away.

"You missed a very good opportunity. But thank you. Now i can eat it" hritvi said stuffing herself with the spoon full of pulihora.

"No way! He brought it for me. So I'm gonna eat it" saying this navya started eating as if she was starving for years.

"Aaram se Khao. Koi tujhse woh box nahi cheen raha hai" shivya scoffed.