Chapter 10

Do vote and comment your views !

Dhriti went home and was scrolling her Instagram when she opened her friend's stories one by one. She saw that they went to a restaurant and he was dressed in a red shirt paired with denim. He looked handsome as always. Her smile broadened whenever she saw him smile.

But what she saw next made her cry within seconds. Vrishank and shivya posed for a picture. His hand on her waist. She couldn't take it anymore and deactivated her Instagram immediately.

The next two days she didn't go to college as she needed some space. When her mother questioned her, she reasoned saying "I don't want to and my friends are also absent" simply. She was the only child and she benefited the most at times like these.

There were messages in her WhatsApp group from her friends asking her why she was absent. She didn't reply to them and left them on seen. But when she realised what she did, she apologized and gave them a stupid reason.

They were in their last year. Dhriti ignored him to do much extent that their talks became extinct. She knew vrishank wouldn't bother about her, so she suffered in silence.

It was their farewell and dhriti hated sarees. All her friends decided to wear a saree, but dhriti decided against it and she decided to wear what made her comfortable. She wore dhoti pant saree with matching crop top. She looked at herself in the mirror and knew that she slayed this look.

"See, didn't i told you? Any style would suit our daughter" she heard her mother say to her father

"See, didn't i told you? Any style would suit our daughter" she heard her mother say to her father. While her father just agreed.

"You look beautiful my daughter" her father complimented her. She thanked him and started going for college. But she was stopped by her mom. Her mother gave her glasses that she forgot at home.

Dhriti reached her college and saw the decorations. To be honest, she wasn't impressed by them. They were so-so! She spotted her friends and made her way towards them. She was showered with many compliments throughout the farewell.

She and her friends took many pictures and selfies together. They even posed for a group photo at the back of the campus which included Charan, vrishank and his friends.

After few minutes, she saw how everyone were posing for a picture individually with the guys. Even dhriti and Charan took a picture. Her eyes shifted to shivya and vrishank who were doing many poses and she just smiled at them. Except she and vrishank, everyone took the pics together.

Neither she nor vrishank came forward to take pictures with each other and other's were too busy to force them to take a picture.

Later, the dances started and dhriti and her friends shook a leg to many famous songs like nadiyon par, chammak challo, munni badnam, zingaat, bachna ae haseeno, Dil dhadakne do... And the list goes on. Even though the guys joined too, vrishank wasn't paired with her. He and navya were paired together.

At last, dhriti enjoyed a lot in the farewell with their friends. She promised herself to cherish these memories for forever.

The picture used in this is not mine. I got it from Pinterest. Credits to the rightful owner .