Chapter 8

Do vote and comment your views !

Dhriti distanced herself for her peace. She felt so insecure that she didn't want to hurt others. So she started talking less with her friends. She stopped accompanying them whenever they wanted to roam in the corridors.

Anjana many times wanted to ask dhriti about why she was being so moody, but she chose not to as they were just classmates and not even friends. She noticed dhriti not looking at vrishank even in lab. Usually her eyes would search for him and whenever he would raise his head, dhriti used to avert her eyes. But she stopped doing that since few months and was keeping herself busy in writing notes or watching videos on Instagram.

Navya tried to ask her but dhriti lashed out the last time she asked, so she stopped doing that. And by looking at dhriti loosing her cool on navya, hritvi and shivya didn't dare to question her. What bothered dhriti the most was, two things.

1. She lashed out on navya when she was just trying to know her pain.

2. Vrishank saw her lashing out on navya.

And not to forget, navya and vrishank are bestest friends. Everyone thought they might be lovers but they were actually friends. The platonic soulmates of the college.

Dhriti tried every night not to think about him. To keep him away, to ignore his thought. But he always showed up in her dream making her happy. The complete opposite of what she decided.

"At least sapno mein hi sahi... Unmein toh tum mujhe dekhoge. Sirf mujhe. Par reality mein mere siwaye sabko dekhoge" dhriti consoled herself.

She started feeling insecure about the way she looks. She didn't have any pimples on her skin and most of her face was clear. But she felt insecure about her curves. She started comparing herself to shivya. She wished someday that she would be lean like her and make everyone laugh with ease.

Every time she felt insecure she remembered the way her father and mother pampered her with food or anything she wanted to buy. They never said no to her. But they didn't knew that their daughter was in so much pain that started crying every night.

She was hell bent on ignoring vrishank and she was doing her best. She neither looked at him nor in his direction. She would avoid going anywhere that's near to him. In between all of this, her friendship with navya and shivya was slowly breaking. Dhriti was becoming helpless. She felt alone and lonely and that landed in her crying her heart out and falling into deep slumber.

She felt so hurt when she saw navya and shivya talking to vrishank and he was laughing along with them. That's when she realised that she wasn't any special to him. He behaved the same with everyone. He would talk to them nicely and help them. But shivya... It was different. The way he looked at her was different.

She stopped looking at him completely. They gave their mid exams and soon the semester was near. Dhriti started talking and she even apologized to her friends regarding her behaviour. She knew it wasn't shivya and Navy's fault. When they questioned her about why she was all moody, she replied them saying "i was just missing my school friends and had a little fight with them" with a small smile. They didn't question her further as the believed her. But anjana who heard this as she sat in their front bench knew that something was definitely wrong with dhriti.