Chapter 4

Do vote and comment your views !

They were in their 3rd year. Dhriti started mingling with everyone. But she never dared to talk to vrishank. Every time he was close and was talking to her, her eyes would never look at him in the eyes.

There were very few and rare moments when both of them made eye contact. But dhriti was always the one who used to avert her eyes at the speed of light. Because her heart was always beating the loudest for that milli seconds.

"Let's all go to lunch this Saturday" navya suggested not taking her eyes off the  phone. A smile was playing on her lips.

"I'm sorry I can't. I won't eat non veg on that day. I'm sure you guys are familiar with it. You guys enjoy! We all can go some other time" dhriti stated.

"Then I'm also not coming" dhriti heard shivya.

"Are you serious?" Navya questioned looking at both dhriti and shivya.

"Yes. Imagine going there and you guys eat non veg and I eat only veg. The bill may increase just due to one person" dhriti reasoned.

No one spoke anything after that. It was soon evening and all the friends were walking on the road.

"What about Friday?" Navya suddenly asked.

"Don't even tell me about that movie. It was the worst horror movie I've ever watched shivya" dhriti said as she thought that navya was asking hritvi.

"Bish! I'm asking you" navya said making dhriti turn.

"Ohh.. sorry. I thought you were asking hritvi... Anyways... Can you repeat the question" dhriti smiled sheepishly which made all of them chuckle.

"Will you come if we go on Friday to lunch?" Navya questioned.

"Yes" dhriti answered with excitement and a smile all over her face.

It was Friday and navya suddenly dropped the bomb that vrishank and two of his friends were joining them to the nearby restaurant that they decided to go.

Shivya didn't liked this fact one bit. Because she thought she could spend happily with her girls. It's not like she's not interested in guys. It's just.. like dhriti she also gave more importance to her girls over boys. So her mood was sour.

"Shivya..  don't be like that na. Let's enjoy" dhriti muttered. Shivya nodded her head. And soon dhriti observed the change in her. She saw shivya back to normal and as usual she was making everyone laugh.

"So... Dhriti, were you always this silent?" Charan asked abruptly making her choke.

"Shit! Here drink the water" hritvi made her drank the water. After she calmed down she heard Charan mutter a sorry to her.

"No, it wasn't your fault. It's just... The topic suddenly turned towards me.. so I was just taken aback" dhriti said with an awkward smile.

She started conversing with Charan and Raj. But she always felt his gaze on her. His strong gaze made her shift in her seat. But whenever she raised her eyes to check if vrishank was really looking at her, she got nothing. Because he seemed to be looking at her friend. Shivya. Not her.

Dhriti's thoughts always drifted to him. No matter where she was. Whenever she entered the class her eyes always searched for him. To check if he was present or absent that day. She always hoped that they would wear matching colours one day. Every thought about him gave her butterflies and made her feel giddy.

She used to stop herself from smiling whenever he was near.

"Pehle Dil dhadakthi thi, ab Dil ke sath Mera muh bhi smile karne laga hai. Agar Aisa hi chalta rahega toh ek din pakde jaoge dhriti" she muttered to herself everytime.