Chapter 7

Do vote and comment your views !

Navya, dhriti and shivya came inside the class once they filled their water bottles. And as always dhriti's eyes searched for him. They rarely talked. Even if they did, it was only about notes or incompletes. It was either her or vrishank asking each other to keep the pictures of notes. Nothing much.

Every time Dhriti got the chance, she took screenshots of his pictures whenever he would upload them on social media. She would crop his profile pictures and store them in her private safe of her phone. No one was aware of this fact.

Many times she wanted to share with her friends. But she was not sure about how they would react. She didn't want to lose the only friends she made in college.

She sat down and opened her lunch box. But her heart was becoming restless as seconds passed by. So she closed the box and informed her friends that she was not feeling well and decided to sleep on the bench. She closed her eyes hoping to sleep.

After what felt like eternity, she heard his laugh. So without making anyone suspicious, she tossed and turned and slowly turned to her right and pretended to sleep. She partially closed her eyes and all of her friends knew for a fact that dhriti sleeps without closing her eyes fully.

She saw him having lunch, even though the vision was blurred. She suddenly had the urge to see him clearly. So she took the glasses and wore them and pretended to sleep. She felt lucky when she saw that vrishank was sleeping too turning to her side. Only the middle row of benches were separating them.

Dhriti looked around to make sure that none of her friends were looking at her watching vrishank. And by the time she looked at him again, her throat went dry. Because she found him looking at her. She blinked her eyes to confirm and that's when she felt hurt. He wasn't looking at her. He was looking at shivya who was laughing like a mad woman at hritvi's jokes.

She felt like crying and was on the verge of it

She felt like crying and was on the verge of it. But she controlled herself to not to let her emotions take over. It was soon time for their lab and like daily she wore her apron and waited for shivya to wore hers. Both of them went to lab. All the while there was a lump in her throat. She was waiting to go home to cry her heart out.

"Kya hua hai tujhe? Kyu itni silent hai?" Shivya asked looking at her friend being too silent and that was so unlike her. Yes, dhriti was introvert but she was selectively extrovert.

"Kuch bhi nahi! Bas headache hai" dhriti replied titrating.

"Toh mein permission lu kya? Jaake so ja! Ruk mein permission lekar aati hu" shivya offered.

"Nahi. Ek ghanta ho toh bacha hai lab complete hone mein. Phir hum Ghar chale jayenge. Uski zaroorat nahi hai" dhriti stated. Shivya agreed nonetheless.

Shivya always admired dhriti. She was so strong. She always acted mature and was always ready to give motivation if any of the girls felt insecure about something. Her guts to point out if someone did any mistake. Her guts to raise voice against wrongs, she was daring and dashing too. Dhriti never backed out when it came to fashion and shivya sometimes wanted to be like dhriti. So carefree and not giving a fuck about other's opinions. She loved how dhriti never failed to compliment any girl if she liked her fashion or if anyone looked good any day.

What they didn't knew about dhriti was, she never shared her pain with anyone. She used to cry herself if something bothered her. She always felt insecure and afraid of someone's judgement. So she never shared much about her life to anyone. But she felt so many betrayls by her past friends that she didn't wanted to do anything to risk their friendship in this college. Dhriti, in her life was always second to everyone. What hurt her the most was when she stood up every time and defended her best friend in school, she ended up asking "did i asked you to do? Did I asked you to hurt others and take stand for me?". And that's how once her bestfriend garvita became nobody in her life. She was just a mere classmate in dhriti's life.

I don't own the pictures I used. I got them from Pinterest and credits to the rightful owner.