Part 23

Jacob wanted to introduced Adeline to the rest of the pack, and it is safe to say that she was nervous. Jacob chuckled as Adeline is biting on her nail while he takes them to Emily's house. Jacob takes a hold of Adeline hand and lifts it to his mouth to place a kiss on it, he drops their hands but never let's go. "You don't have to worry, Nayeli. They will love you." Jacob almost said more, but now wasn't the time. 

Standing in front of a door Jacob turns to Adeline before knocking. "First they will love you, so don't stress. Second don't stare at Emily's scars it makes Sam mad. Okay? No stress." Jacob kiss's Adeline cheek before knocking on the door. 

It doesn't take long before the door opened revealing a happy looking woman with three large scars on her face. "Hello I'm Emily. Come right in." Emily moves out of the way to let them in. 

Adeline smiles at Emily as she walks in. "Im Adeline, you have a beautiful home." 

Emily smile grows. "Thank you, I was just making lunch before the mod, I mean, the boys come in." 

Both Jacob and Adeline laugh at her words. They follow Emily into the kitchen where they spot Sam. Adeline smiles at him. "Hello, I'm Adeline." 

Sam smiles and nods his head. "You're the one Jacob won't stop thinking about. Im Sam."

Jacob shyly smiles. "Yes, yes, very funny." Jacob points to Sam. "Sam here is the alpha of our pack."

Adeline couldn't help but tense at the mention of an alpha. "O-oh. That's very cool. Jacob tells me that you're a good alpha."

Both Emily and Sam notice how tense she got but don't say anything about it. 

Adeline puts a smile on her face. "Is there anything I can help you with to make lunch, Emily?" 

Emily nods her head and start saying a few things that Adeline can help her with. Adeline placed a kiss on Jacob's cheek before helping Emily with lunch. Jacob and Sam went outside to look at Emily's car. Adeline looked over at Emily and noticed that she was fixing her bangs to hide her scars. 

Adeline looked back to the task she was doing. "You don't have to hide your scars."

Emily quickly looks at Adeline. "What?" 

"You don't have to hide your scars, not from me at least." Adeline glances at Emily as she lifts up the side of her shirt revealing a huge scar. "I got this on my second full moon. I was chasing a deer for fun when I saw the alpha that turned me into what I am. Safe to say that we didn't get along. And because I got hurt by an alpha my skin didn't turn back to normal. And before you ask no i didn't want to eat the deer, I was testing my speed." Adeline jokes as she thinks back to her friend Stiles, and how his face changed because he thought she wanted to eat the deer. "You don't have to tell me your story, but I don't want you to be ashamed."

Emily smiled. "Thank you for telling me your story, and thank you for acknowledging it, sometimes when people don't react, that makes it worse." Emily went back to her task while telling Adeline her story of how she got her scars. When Emily was done talking, she was no longer trying to hide them.