Sixty-eight

Thirteen texts and thirty minutes later I eventually arrived at her house.

Me
I'm outside my love.

The moment I sent that message she was out of her door and she was smiling like an idiot as she walked to my car.

She tossed her bag in the back and jumped into the front seat.

"You took a very long time to get here." That was the first thing she said to me with a wide smile.

"I'm three minutes early darling." I said chuckling leaning over to place a soft kiss on her lips.

"You're infuriating." She said leaning back into the seat with a smile sprayed widely across her face.

"You love me." I kissed her cheek before pulling out of her drive way.

"Where are we going?" She asked me. I placed my hand over her thigh and her fingers quickly intertwined with mine.

"It's a surprise." I told her.

"I'll act surprised. I don't even know if I packed the right stuff. I packed like four outfits just in case but it could still not be enough if I don't know where we're going." She said

"My love, we could walk around naked all weekend if we wanted, I promise your four outfits are more than enough."

"That's something I'm gonna hold you to." She placed a gentle kiss to my hand before smiling even more. "Seriously Val, where are we going? We've completely left the suburbs. And I'm sure your house is far from here."

"I never said we'd be spending it at my house, did I?" I smirked at her.

"So where are we going? This cat and mouse game would be easier if you just said where we were going." She said.

"We're almost there love."

"All the way out here?" She asked as she looked at our surroundings.

The tall trees passed us smoothly and in the distance the lake glistened in the shallow sunlight.

"Yes darling." I smiled at her as I watched her look out the window in amusement.

The rest of the drive she sat quietly taking in where were. My thumb stroked the back of her hand softly and every now and again I'd look over and i could see her cheeks tint pink.

I couldn't hold back the smile that appeared on my own face.

I pulled into the driveway of the cabin.

"Here we are." I parked the car and she turned to me.

"Here?" She asked softly.

"Yeah. Stay there." I said to her leaving the car and walking down to her side opening the door for her.

"We're staying here for the weekend?" She asked still heavily blushing as she climbed out of the car.

"Just us, all weekend." I wrapped my hands around her.

"It's so pretty here." She turned around to place a kiss to my lips. "Thank you."

"Happy Valentine's Day my love." I said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I grabbed our bags before we headed inside.

From the outside the house was made from entirely rustic woods, the whole drive way covered in tall canopy trees while the back of the house had a trail of pine trees leading down towards the lake.

On the inside, just as you walked in, there was a little entrance table up against the left side of the wall. There were high ceilings all around the house, somehow including the kitchen too.