6

Italic: thoughts
Bold: extra sounds
Underline: call/texting

(Seira Pov)
I stayed in eye contact with Aiden for a good few minutes as if we were in a staring contest. When i noticed how i've been staring at him awkwardly i immedietly broke the contact and went back to look at my laptop, not bothering to glance at him anymore as i just kept on with my work. "aren't you supposed to be talking to the banner's?" i asked as i could hear him step closer and crouching behind me, looking at my laptop. "well i was yeah but i got bored" he said in that ever so cheerful tone of his.

I didn't push him away and just let him do his thing, i never minded other's company and i don't exactly feel bothered so long as they don't bother me too much. "you talked about the field trip didn't you?" i asked as soft clicks can be heard from my fingers lightly clicking the laptop keys.

"yeah, how'd you know?" Aiden confirmed as he chuckled a bit. "Ashlyn looked annoyed and glaring daggers at you." i awnsered nonchalantly making Aiden laugh. i knew it. i thought as silence once again filled the room with only the light sounds of people talking downstairs and clicks as we both didn't say a word. i could feel Aiden stare at my laptop sceen intently with interes but ignored him seeing as it wasn't my problem.

Our silence was interupted by Ashlyn as she opened the door to call Aiden out. "Aiden, your parents called you downstairs. They said their leaving now." she said as she still that annoyed look she had when i saw her downstairs. Aiden grinned as he stood up and made his way out. "alright alright" he said as he walked out, only turning around to smile at the both of us and wave goodbye. Ashlyn glared at him in annoyance as i blankly waved back before going back to my laptop.

Ashlyn groaned as plopped herself on the bed, clearly tired from their chat with the Clark's. i glanced at her before looking back to my screen. "i finished my song, you wanna listen?" i offered, wanting to see how people would react or think of my finished piece but also wanting to somewhat cheer her up a bit.

Ashlyn stared at me before getting up and sitting beside me as i played the piece for her. The melody was simple and minimalistic but there was a comforting and calming vibe going from the combination of instruments and extra sounds i made and added. i zoned out when listening to it as Ashlyn stared at it for a while, as if deep in thought.

The music was calming and nice to hear, the melodies were simple but weren't boring nor was it too loud but not quiet enough to make you sleep. when the piece ended ashlyn stayed quiet for a while before speaking. "hey Seira, can i use this for my dance lessons?" she asked me as i snapped out of my daydreaming and looked at her. "uh, sure." i said before looking back at the piece. clicking save and sending it to Ashlyn. "ill send it to your drive." i informed as she thanked me before going back to the bed and scrolling through her phone.

Suddenly while we were doing our own thing a a few knocks are heard from the other side of the door, gaining both our attention at once. the door opened to Ashlyn's dad holding the Field trip paper on his hand and the door handle with the other as he closed the door. "hey tropper, Seira. mind if i come in?" he asked as we both nodded. he sat on the bed beside Ashlyn as i lay on the floor, staring at the floor and drifted into my thoughts while still listening to the two. sort of.

In summary i concluded that Mr.Banner was trying to convince Ashlyn to join the field trip with me and the others with the excuse of it being a good opportunity for her to make friends. i didn't hear much of their conversation in detail since i was thinking about something else but i saw Mrs.banner enter the room and smiled before walking in and joining the two.

i saw how the 3 bonded as i sat up and stared at them blankly. i wonder if i could've been like them if dad didn't leave then.. i thought with an unreadable expression as i stared at the distance, deep in thought.

mom, why did you leave me with dad to go somewhere else?
...how did you move on so quickly, did dad mean nothing to you..?
dad doesn't even come home often because of work..

i was snapped out of my thoughts when i heard ashlyn call out my name and look at me confused. "are you ok? you seem a little out of it.." she asked in a worried tone as i dismissed her worries by shaking my head. "no, im fine. lets just head to bed" i said as i went to the matress and tried to sleep. i should stop thinking about that.. i thought as i forced my eyes shut.

(Ashlyn Pov)
Seira seems alot more dreamy then usual.. did something happen? i thought as i turned my head to look at her sleeping figure. her posture was calm and she looked peaceful... whatever its probably nothing... i grabbed the pink sheet of paper that was lef ton the bed and stared at it, contemplating my options.. it kinda irks me that he planned this out. i feel like im losing if i give in and go. i thought staring blankly at the paper in my hand but dad really wants me to give it a shot. i thought to myself, placing the paper down. i don't want to. i thought before drifting to sleep

979 words
|Author note|
°hello everyone! i hope your having a great day/night so far! also hope you enjoyed reading this!! i've been having a lot of fun making these chapters and i hope our having fun reading too!

i might be posting new chapters late since im getting a bit busy but i guarantee it won't be later than a week you have my word! ill also be working on other projects so yeah! again.. sorry if i make any typo's or wrote something wrong- have a wonderful day/night!!!

-onigi 🍙